Forums Horror Movie Talk
"Ouija" -Original Story- Chapter Six

t, she continues her families work in a very private manor.The last sentence of the article, held her email address. Quickly Angelina sent her a message explaining their tuation. Noticing people had began to look her way after she jumped from her seat, she turned off the monitor and made her way out of the building.With her mind racing, Angelina began procesng everything she had just learned. She never knew anything like this ever happened in her home town, the revelation was rather unsettling. As she drove onto her neighborhood street, her phone chimed caung her heart to skip a beat. Quickly, she slid her finger across the screen to unlock her phone. A new email icon was tting at the top of her task bar, and with a fluttering stomach she opened it.‘Hello Angelina,

It is nice to hear from you, even under the circumstances. I am truly sorry to hear that something this aggresve is happening to you. My personal opinion on the matter is this, when you play with a Spirit Board you open yourself up to a new world. A portal, if you will. I recommend attempting another séance, not to contact the entity you conjured, as it seems to me malevolent; but to close the portal. Regardless of the route of action you would like to take, I can meet with you very soon. Being a working college student, my time is a bit limited. However, I am free Monday of next week. Please respond as soon as posble.

Best of luck,

Christine Walters’

Letting out a gh of relief, Angelina sat her phone back down on the passenger seat. Taking a neighborhood street to cut across town, Angelina quickly noticed multiple emergency vehicles crowded inde a cul-de-sac. A small herd of people were centered around the cars, staring at the house in awe. Pulling next to the curb, Angelina hetantly stepped out of her vehicle. Trudging towards the scene, she could feel her heart falling into the pit of the stomach. As she reached the cluster of people, she began to see above the constellation of heads blocking her view. The Todd’s car was parked in the driveway, making it apparent this was their house. Instantly, she felt the pressure of the atmosphere change.The sound of soft whimpers could be heard from the small gathering, as Angelina tried to push her way towards the front. Hearing the rattle of wheels against concrete, she braced herself. Finally pushing past the final person, her heart stopped. Lying on a gurney was a blood stained white sheet, vibly draped over a small human. Sadly, it didn’t stop with one. Multiple bodies followed, and were loaded into the vehicles.

“I cant believe he killed them,” An elderly woman whispered to the person next to her. The world seemed to be spinning faster than usual, as Angelina began to understand it wasn’t a coincidence the events were so milar. Seeing a patrol car’s lights begin to flash, her legs instantly sprinted towards the vehicle. As the rear window came into view, she could see Father Todd tting in the back seat. He was wearing only his white briefs, and was covered in blood. Stopping from shock, Angelina attempted to catch her breath. Slowly, he began to turn around. His eyes were wide with rage, and as Angelina came into his ght his head fell to the left. His lips began widen, and eventually were in a full on smile. It didn’t feel as if Jeremy Todd was smiling at her, but an evil being that was savoring the moment.* * * * * * *

The rest of the day was emotional, and Angelina tried her hardest to keep it all contained. Nathan’s reaction to the information she had found out today was excusably frightened. Throughout the experience she knew he was still on the fence about truly believing in the events taking place, now it seemed it was all starting to soak in.Her mothers reaction was identical to her husbands, and Diane insted that once the séance was over she was to stay the night. It was her motherly instinct to be there for her daughter, and grandchildren. There was no posble way she was going to let them face this on their own.Once the children got home from school, Nathan and Angelina sat them down to explain their tuation. The initial conversation had all four kids in the room, and of course was the toned down veron.“Tonight, we are going to be attempting another séance with the Ouija board you guys.” Nathan spoke to his children with a soft voice.“I don’t like that,” Hayden argued.“I know buddy, but what we are going to do is end it. That way nothing scary can happen around here again, how does that make you feel?” Nathan ran his fingers through his son’s hair, hoping he could convince him it was for the best.

“I think it’s a good idea daddy,” Leighton agreed.Nathan smiled at his precious daughter, taking her hand into his. They were his world, and without them his life had no meaning. Kisng his son’s forehead, he stood.“You guys ready to start this,” Nathan acted enthused.

The younger blings ran to the table, and sat next to one another. Angelina joined her husband, and began to speak to their older kids.“We are doing this to end it, but it isn’t as harmless as we made it out to be.” Angelina whispered. “I found out some very disturbing things today, and was told that we needed to close the portal we opened. If we didn’t, it was only going to get worse.

She could see the fear in their eyes, but there drive and strength was shining through.“What is important is that we don’t break the circle, and that Hayden and Leighton remain calm. If something does start to happen, its up to us to make sure they don’t have to see it. I promise, after this everything will go back to normal.” Angelina was holding both their hands, tracing their fingers with her thumb.

With a deep breath, they prepared themselves. Taking one final glance at one another. Dimming the lights, Angelina lit several candles and placed them around the room. tting next to her youngest daughter, she forced a smile.“Okay, everyone take hands with the person next to you.” She ordered. “We don’t want to communicate with anything or anyone, we mply want to close the connection. It is very important that we all remain in the circle, no one can remove themselves.” She rubbed Leighton’s hand, assuring her everything was going to be okay. “Everyone, close your eyes.” She spoke softly.Filling her lungs, she inhaled. More importantly, she attempted to fill her self with the strength and preparation needed.“We gather around this board, in hopes to close the connection made. We no longer wish to contact the other de,” Angelina spoke with force.The board shook, catching the family’s attention. The planchette began to wiggle, before scraping its way across the board.“Mom,” Dillon called in fear.

“Its okay honey,” She assured.The cursor stopped on the word, ‘Hello.’

“We do not wish to speak to anyone, and hope that you can return to the spirit realm peacefully.” Angelina spoke to the entity.Again the cursor started to tremble, before scratching its way to the word ‘No.’

The board began to shake violently, and the candle’s flame began to flicker. The table started to lightly bounce, as if someone was trying to move it. The house seemed to be shaking, as if an earthquake was tearing through the earth. Pictures began to fall off the walls, and collectables tossed from the shelves.The planchette began to move once more, carving into the board as it inched its way across the wood.“Mommy,” Leighton cried.“Dillon, cover your ster’s eyes.” Nathan yelled.Dillon lifted their joined hands to her face, as Leighton sunk into his arm in fear.‘No escape,’ was spelled out for them.

“We beg you, to please return to the spirit realm and leave us alone.” Angelina yelled.

The cursor moved once more, this time quickly. Again it stopped on the word, ‘No.’“What do you want,” Nathan yelled to the spirit.Viciously, it began making its way across the board. Stopping at multiple letters.

‘Pain.’

‘Death.’

‘Corruption.’

‘Gore.’

‘n.’

“Tell us what you want,” Nathan yelled in anger.The planchette flew across the wood, and pressed against Nichole’s chest. The cursor shook violently, as it dug into her skin.“No,” Nathan cried.

“Mom,” Hayden screamed in terror.Glancing at her son’s face, she could see sheer horror. He was staring at his older ster, while he squirmed in his seat. Turning in her direction, Angelina could see a figure blending in with darkness.“Angelina,” Nathan cried out.

Gradually, it began to move forward. Looking behind her, Nichole screamed at the ght. Gripping her father’s hand, she cried out in terror. It was a never ending scene, that stood unchanged for many moments. Dark fingernails became apparent as it grew closer to the candle light. Slowly, the gnarled hands Angelina saw earlier were revealed.“God, no!” She screamed in disbelief.As the shadow like figure closed in, one at a time the candles started to go out.“Return to the spirit world, I command you to return to the spirit world.” Angelina roared in desperation.

“Nichole,” Dillon screamed in fear.

With one candle remaining, the family was still able to see as the hand was mere inches away from her.“Mom,” Nichole yelled in fright.The last candle went out, and the room became unnaturally dark.“Nichole,” Nathan called out with hetation in his voice.

“Dad,” She choked out a reply through her tears.“Angelina, we have to turn on the lights.” Nathan pleaded.

“We cant break the circle Nathan,” She barked.“We don’t have a fucking choice,” He barked.There was a slight commotion as Nathan reached for the light switch.

“They arent working,” He revealed.“Ive got the matches,” Angelina replied.Fumbling around, she began searching for a candle. Gripping the wax, she fought to keep her hands steady. Striking the match, the flame began to create a soft glow of light around her hand. Lighting the kindle, she lifted the candle.“Nichole,” Angelina called.

Shifting the candle towards her daughter she struggled to keep her hand steady. As the light lit up her daugher’s face, Angelina’s heart started to slow.“Mommy,” Leighton called in fear.

As she moved the candle towards her youngest daughter, the demon’s face was lit up only inches away from Nichole’s. Her screams filled the room and Angelina dropped the candle.“Nichole,” Nathan yelled.

Heavy footsteps could be heard rushing through the house, with Nichole’s cries for help following.“Dillon, get Hayden and Leighton!” Angelina demanded as she lit another candle.Rushing into the living room, she searched for her daughter and husband. Trembling, she focused on keeping her legs from giving out. The sound of her breath was all she could hear, which slowly grew to soft cries.

“Nathan,” She cried.

“Over here,” He replied.

Rushing forward, she searched. As the light grew against the wall, she could see her husband lying on top of their crying daughter. Thankfully, she was safe.

“Where is it,” Angelina whispered..Nathan didn’t answer, as he wasn’t sure.“Dillon,” Angelina called.

“We are alright mom,” He responded.The younger kids could be heard crying into his shirt.“Dillon, light a candle.” Angelina demanded.

Giving the light to Nichole, she waited for the glow of the newly lit candle.“Okay mom,” He called out.The room was uneasy, and terribly quiet. Carefully, Angelina began to walk back to the dining room. With her hands stretched out in front of her, she stumbled into the wall. The candle light was slowly growing, as she steadily made her way towards it.

“Mom,” Nichole softly cried.Turning towards her, Angelina swallowed back the small amount of vomit in her throat. Praying the demon wasn’t behind her, she lently cried. Slowly opening her eyes, she was shocked to see nothing was there.“What is it-” Angelina’s sentence fell short.

In the faint glow of Nichole’s candle, the dark figure could be seen standing at the very back of the hallway. Paralyzed in fear, no one could move.“Nathan,” Angelina called in longing.

Fiercely, the demon thrashed forward them. In the panic of the moment, Angelina ran towards the table

“Dillon, I need light!” She screamed in suspense.The Ouija board became vible, and with a mixture of anger and defeat, Angelina lifted it above her head. Thrusting it down against the table, a loud shatter filled the room. A pressure swept through the house, and both the candles were blown out. Again, the house was lent. Unable to breathe, Angelina stood still. She was unsure of what her actions might have caused.A light clicking came from above her head, and light illuminated the room. Her oldest son was covering his blings as they hung to his neck. Rushing into the hallway, Angelina was relieved to see her husband protecting their daughter with his body. Tears were streaming down her face as she fell to her knees, the atmosphere was no longer heavy.Crawling towards her husband, she reached out. Instantly, his arms were wrapped around her. Dillon, Hayden and Leighton joined soon after as the family shared an embrace.

“I love you all so much,” Nathan cried in happiness.Laying her head on his shoulder, Angelina stared at the shattered piece of board on the floor. To herself, she prayed it was over.
JohnCorley92 Wednesday 3/20/2013 at 01:56 AM | 100509
Just so everyone knows, this isnt the final chapter. I have 12 planned, and 7 is on its way =) Would love to hear some feedback from you guys!
JohnCorley92 Friday 3/29/2013 at 07:39 PM | 100589
Chapter 8 is on the way!
JohnCorley92 Monday 4/29/2013 at 05:23 AM | 100800