Forums Horror Movie Talk
"Ouija" -Original Story- Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

“Was it a success,” Diane asked her daughter.

“I think so,” Angelina looked at her mom with hopeful eyes.

The two women were bent over the shattered wooden board, picking up the pieces. Nathan was putting the kids to bed, assuring them everything was back to normal. Angelina couldn’t shake the ght of the demon from her mind, in person it was more terrifying than she imagined. Watching as her mother picked up the final chunk of board from the floor, Angelina began to listen to Nathan speak to the children.“There is nothing to be scared of anymore, okay?” Nathan had Leighton’s hand in his, while his other arm was wrapped around Hayden.“What was that thing daddy,” Leighton questioned.“It was a monster, sweetie, but it cant hurt you anymore. Mommy took care of it for us, and I promise that nothing scary will happen around here anymore.” He kissed his daughter’s small hand.

The two of them were cuddled up next to each other, as they were going to be sharing a bed tonight. It was apparent they were both shaken from the disturbing events.“I love you, Dad.” Hayden spoke in a quivering voice.

“I love both of you,” Nathan kissed their heads and climbed off the bed. “No matter what, just remember Mommy and I are here to take care of you.” He smiled.

“Daddy,” Leighton called.

“Yes, sweetie?” He stopped in the door way, and smiled at his little girl.

“What would you do if anything happened to me,” She asked awkwardly.

Feeling his face fall in sadness, Nathan walked back over to the bed. He wasn’t sure how to answer her question, and slowly knelt down at the edge of her bed. Grabbing his children’s feet, he took a deep breath.

“You guys are my world, I wake up every day because of you. You are what I fight for in life, and I love you more than anyone should be aloud to love anything. If anything ever happened to any of you, it would kill me. I wouldn’t have a reason to live, and it would hurt so bad I would want to die. I’m never going to let anything happen to you,” Nathan shook their feet trying to lighten the mood. “Get to sleep, I love you.” He stood, and made his way to the light switch.Watching his children settle in the bed, he grinned. With her question playing over again in his mind, he turned off the light and made his way out of the room. Making his way down the hallway, he was met by Diane. She tossed her arms around his neck, and pulled him close.

“I love you Nathan,” she spoke firmly.

“I love you too,” He replied.“I just want you to know, im here for you just as much as im here for my own daughter. You are my son, and if anything happened to you I would be just as crushed as if it were my own daughter.” She looked into his eyes, and smiled.

“Thank you for that,” Nathan looked down. Controlling his emotions, he looked back up. “It means a lot, Diane.”With a grin, she kissed his cheek and made her way back to the living room. Angelina was tting on the sofa, next to her mother. She had her eyes locked on Nathan, and a soft smile hung across her face. Lovingly, he walked over to his wife and kissed her forehead. Running her hand over his hair covered forearm, she leaned into him. Breathing in the moment, she took in the sense of security.Stepping into the kitchen, Nathan could see Sebastian lying under the dinning room table. Reaching the nk, he turned on the faucet and filled a glass with cool water. Taking large mouth full’s, he slowly drank the glass empty. His nerves started to calm, and placing the glass on the counter he took a deep breath. He almost lost his daughter tonight, and that was a thought unthinkable. Nathan had always known, he would fight for his children. Yet not until a few hours ago, was that ever tested. Thankfully, he was as strong as he thought. Hearing the clicking sound of nails tapping against the tile floor, he glanced over to the dinning room table. Catching the shadow of their dog strolling into the living room, Nathan called for him.

“He is outde, babe.” Angelina called.“What are you talking about, he just went into the living room.” Nathan questioned.

Walking around the kitchen bar, the living room came into view. His wife and Mother-In-Law were tting next to each other on the sofa, Sebastian was no where in ght. Heading over to the back door, Nathan glanced through the window. Chewing on a large bone, Sebastian was lying in his dog house.“I guess my mind is just fucking with me,” he laughed.

Opening the back door, Nathan let called out for their dog. Instantly, he was at the door with a wagging tail. Watching as he ran to his dog bed in the living room, Nathan followed.“Im gonna head to bed guys, good night Diane.” He bent down to hug her once more.

“Good night, Nathan.” She replied.“Ill be there in a minute, babe.” Angelina assured.Clong the door behind him, Nathan began to undress. Entering the restroom, he flicked the light switch. Standing in the mirror, he removed his boxer briefs and undershirt. Looking over his naked body, he scowled. Running his hand across his upper thigh, he touched the deep red scratch. Pulling the medicine cabinet open, he drew out the rubbing alcohol. Taking the wash cloth from the rail, he poured a small amount across the fabric. Gently, he pressed the damp cloth to the sore. Immediately, it began to sting. Cringing, he lifted the cloth and looked in the mirror once more. His right de was colored with a purple hue. Again, he ran his fingers across his injury. Thankfully, this one was only a bruise. * * * * * * *

“Ive never been more scared in my life,” Angelina spoke to her mother. “Not just for me, but for my kids. It was so close to them, and for a moment it had Nichole.” She spoke in disbelief of her own words.

“How did you get her away,” Diane asked.

“Nathan did,” Angelina replied. ‘The candles went out, and I couldn’t see anything. I could hear a bunch of ruckus, and Nichole screaming. I don’t know how, but Nathan got her back. Dillon had Leighton and Hayden, and they were terrified. Then we could see the demon standing in the hallway, and I didn’t know what to do.” She explained to her mother.“You and Nathan have been so strong through this, and I thank God he was here to save Nichole.” Diane held on to her daughter’s hand. “What all did you find out at the library,” She asked.

“The board that Dillon brought home, belonged to a couple back in the fifties. Apparently, they had a milar tuation happen to them. The woman became possessed, and they attempted an exorcism on her. It was terrible, and honestly one of the scariest things I have ever seen in my life. She killed her best friend, and herself. They covered up the exorcism, saying that her best friend was a victim in an intruder attack. The priest and the doctor involved both became mentally unstable, and her husband tried to continue contacting her through the board. The last video that I watched, the demon killed him. I don’t know if anyone else had ever seen the actual demon in the video, because it all happened so fast. The webte said he died of natural causes.” Angelina clarified.“Oh my God,” Diane was speechless.

“I found a medium though, and she is the one who said we should attempt another séance to close the portal.” Angelina continued.

“Do you think you closed it,” Diane asked.

“Everything has seemed to stop, the demon disappeared and it doesn’t feel as heavy in this house as it did.” Angelina tried convince not only her mother, but herself.“I cant believe it escalated to all this, im just glad it stopped where it did. It could have gotten so much worse.” Diane exhaled deeply.“I know,” Angelina replied. “I just knew I had to do something, I couldn’t let it hurt my children.”

“As any good mother couldn’t,” Diane smiled. “Go get some sleep, you have had one hell of a day.” She ordered.

“Yes ma‘am,” Angelina laughed. “I love you mom, I dunno what I would without you.”The two women embraced, and held on tight for a few moments.

“Im not going anywhere babe, ill always be here for you.” Diane stated with authority. “Im probably gonna stay up for a while, and watch TV.”“Okay mom, good night.” Angelina smiled as she stood to her feet.“Good night baby,” Diane replied.Traveling down the hallway, Angelina neared her room. In her peripheral vion, she caught a glimpse of someone. It resembled an elderly woman, and quickly disappeared behind the corner of Nichole’s entryway. Grabbing the wall, she took a step into her daughters room. Nearing the corner, Angelina drew in a breath.

“Nichole,” She called.Hetantly, she peered around the wall. Nichole was lying in her bed.

“Hmm,” Nichole responded in a drowsy voice.“Oh,” Angelina was pleasantly surprised. “Good night sweetie,” she whispered.

“Good night mom, can you shut the door?” Nichole asked.

Smiling, Angelina exited the room. Carefully pulling the door, she quietly let it close. Looking down at her feet she started to think Nathan wasn’t the only one whose mind was playing tricks on them. After tonight’s events, she could ealy understand why. Entering her room, she watched as her husband sat up. Smiling at her, he pulled back the covers on her de of the bed. Seeing he was nude, she began to undress. As she crawled into bed, he pulled her close. Holding each other tight, they lay in lence. Being nude wasn’t about a sexual experience, not tonight at least. It was about being close to each other, and surrounded in safety.“Nathan,” She spoke softly.

“Yeah,” He replied.

“I checked into selling the house,” She whispered.

“What did they say,” He questioned.

“Bacally, we are only going to get a fraction of what we paid for it, if we are lucky.” She pressed her head into his chest.“That doesn’t matter, we can make it happen. I think it would be best for us to move out of this house,” He stated.

“We have so many memories here,” Angelina thought out loud.

“We do, but we can make new memories somewhere else. Somewhere, where these horrible things haven’t happened. I don’t feel right leaving you here by yourself every day, and Im not going to feel right leaving the kids when we want to go do something. It would be best for all of us to have a fresh start,” Nathan explained.

“I know,” Angelina replied. “I just hate leaving everything that we’ve built over the years.”

“Im going to be right there with you baby, as long as we have each other we can get through anything.” He kissed his wife’s head, assuring her all will work out.“I don’t know what I would do without you,” Angelina spoke softly. “You saved our daughter tonight.”

“I don’t know what I would do without you,” Nathan responded. “Youre the strongest I know, Angelina. I get my strength from you,” He lifted her chin until her eyes were locked on his.

Gently, he kissed her.“You’ve given me everything to live for, and I will fight for that every day if I have to.” He spoke firmly.

“Uhg,” She exhaled as a tear escaped. “I love you,” Angelina attempted to mold into her husband.* * * * * * *

Feeling as her body started to t upright, Diane slowly opened her eyes. The room was dark, more than she remembered. Looking at the window, she could see the moonlight shining bright. Yet no ray of dim light could be seen around the room. The covers were lying on the floor, as if someone tossed them off of her. The room was stuffy, yet her body was chilled. She couldn’t remember making her way to her grandson’s room, and in her confuon decided it would be best to check on her family.As her foot touched the carpet, a flash of lighting lit up the room. Her muscles tensed in shock, as the sudden change jolted her nerves. Glancing back at the window, she noticed the moonlight still wasn’t shining through. Standing, she took a step towards the door. Again, lighting lit up the room. With her hands stretched forward, Diane took caution as she reached the entryway. Feeling the cold metal knob beneath her fingers, she gripped it tightly. Another jolt of light passed through the room, and in the distance she could hear faint stomping.Placing her ear against the door, she listened. The heavy footsteps grew closer, and with it a deep and breathy growl. The handle shook lightly as the two deep noises collided. Removing her hand, she second guessed leaving the room. Taking a step back towards the bed, a flash of light reentered the room. This time it was accompanied by two high pitched screams. Screams of pain.With her heart falling to the pit of her stomach, Diane lunged forward. She knew the cries were coming from Leighton’s room. Rushing into the hallway she noticed every bedroom door was open except Leighton’s, in a panic she tried to open the door. The handle moved, yet the door didn’t budge.“Angelina, Nathan!” She cried out for help.Viciously, she tossed her shoulder into the door and shook the handle with all her strength. The room lit up, and the cries of pain continued. Diane could hear as her grandchildren were being tossed around like rag dolls, and furniture was thrown with ease. A thud came from the other de of the door, but it was too heavy to be anything solid.“Leighton, Hayden!” She yelled in fear.She knew it was blood that hit the door, Diane also knew it was the blood of the children. The cries stopped, and the door flew open caung her to fall to the floor. Feeling the wet carpet press against her face, she cried out their names one more time. Getting to her feet she ran towards the bed, another flash lit up the room revealing the children were no where to be found.The room was lit up once more as the sound of rushing footsteps turned into the slamming of a door. Again the tornado like sounds filled the night, and Dillon’s screams could be heard above it all.“Angelina, Nathan, help me!” Diane yelled once more.

Gripping the handle, she tried opening the door. Déjà vu came over her, as the tuation was exactly the same. The short moment of light began to come more often, only seconds apart. Making it difficult for her eyes to adjust.“Help me,” Dillon choked out in pain.

“Dillon,” Diane cried. Looking around the hallway, she noticed a stone vase on a tall, slender table. Lifting it, she began to force it against the door. Within moments, the wood gave away. Dillon was against the wall, covered in blood. Multiple objects were being tossed around the room, and with a final cry Dillon looked her way. His body was tossed out of ght, and the door flew open once more.“No, no, no.” Diane cried in terror and pain.Rushing to Nichole’s door, she attempted to out run it. Violently, it was slammed in her face. Wasting no time, she began to break down the door with the vase. Forcing herself through the small opening she created, Diane ran forward. Ferociously, Nichole’s tall shelf was forced into the entryway.“Nichole,” Diane called in anger.“Grandma,” She cried back.

At the top of her lungs, Diane yelled. She forced the vase into the small gap between the shelf and wall, and began to push forward. Adding her weight, she pressed her body against the object. The objects fell to the floor, and incessant racket fell lent.“Nichole,” Diane screamed as she entered the room.Covered in blood, Nichole sat against her closet door. Crying uncontrollably, she had her hands covering her face.“Come on baby,” Diane reached for her granddaughter.Helping her reach her feet, Diane began to rush back into the hallway. Nichole was still crying uncontrollably, and holding on to her grandmother with all her remaining strength. Angelina and Nathan’s door was shut, yet there was no sound coming from the other de.“Angelina,” Diane called softly.A loud thud came from the door, and a large crack multaneously accompanied it. Both Diane and Nichole screamed with surprise. Reaching for the handle, Diane opened the door. Heavier than usual, it slowly began to open. Nathan’s headless body fell to the floor as Diane continued to open the door.“Dad,” Nichole screamed in horror.“Mom,” Angelina cried.

Pushing the door the rest of the way, Diane could see Angelina lying on the floor. Her hand was reaching out for her, and her body was covered in blood.“Help me,” Angelina cried out.As Diane took a step forward, Angelina’s body was drug away from her. The demon’s face could be seen behind her daughter as the room was lit up once more. Nichole and Diane were tossed by an unseen force into Dillon’s room, and Angelina’s door was slammed shut.“Leave her alone,” Diane cried out.

Her daughters painful cries could be heard, just like the rest of the family before her. Getting to her feet once more, Diane began to punch the broken door. Her vion was blurred as tears streamed from her eyes. She began to call her daughters name, again and again. After many moments, the house fell lent once more and the doors flew open to every room.The quiet was uncomfortable, and eerie. Diane’s limbs continued to tremble with fear as she listened to the lence, hoping to hear Angelina’s voice. Clong her eyes, she prayed her daughter was alive.“Nichole,” She whispered.Turning around, she searched for her grandchild. The lightning stopped, almost completely. Standing still, Diane waited for the next illumination. A throaty, guttural sound started to echo in the dark. Covering her mouth, Diane took a step back. The sound began to grow in volume, gnifying it was getting closer. Still, the house was engulfed in darkness. Taking another step back, she felt as a warm and gentle breeze grazed her skin. The lighting struck, and the hideous face of the demon was inches away from hers. *

Gasping for air, Diane sat up in terror. Realizing she was still on the sofa, she jumped to her feet. Rushing to Leighton’s room, she quickly opened the door. Both of her grandchildren were sound asleep in their beds. Thankfully, it was all a dream. Hearing Sebastian whimper, Diane returned to the living room. The dog was standing by the back door, staring at her impatiently. Rushing to let him out, she smiled. Opening the door, he darted for the yard. Watching as he began to sniff around for a place to use the restroom, she was completely unaware of Angelina’s door slowly opening. Deciding she needed a drink of water, she walked towards the kitchen. Standing at the foot of her daughter’s bed, was the demon. Catching a glimpse from the corner of her eye, she swiftly turned towards the hallway. To her relief, nothing was there.Filling a glass with water, Diane returned to the living room and placed it on the coffee table. Rubbing her hand across her face, she took a deep breath. She was beyond thankful it was all a nightmare. Still, she had never felt fear like that. Walking towards the restroom, a bolt of lighting lit up the house. Stopping in her tracks, she waited. lence. Grinning at herself, she shook the fear away and turned on the restroom light. In the distance, she could hear the heavy footsteps and growling from her nightmare. Her skin cringed, and her breath was taken away. Turning in the direction of the disturbing noise, lighting stuck once more. The demon was charging towards her with vicious velocity.
JohnCorley92 Monday 4/29/2013 at 05:24 AM | 100640