Forums Horror Movie Talk
British Filmmaker Danny Boyle Talks About The Possibility Of Another 28 Days Later Sequel

Ever nce it was first rumored that filmmaker Danny Boyle was toying with the notion of developing another sequel to his 2002 cult zombie clasc 28 Days Later, fans have been all ears with fingers crossed. With that being said, the hankering subject of 28 Months Later along with a few other tidbits were revealed during a recent interview between the English film director/writer/producer and the online te, Wired. Here are the most pertinent parts of the interview:

Wired: "Are you surprised that a decade after you made 28 Days Later, zombies are still all the rage? It was such a revionist take."

Danny Boyle: "Who would have thought? I don’t like zombie movies. I never did. We took a genre and fucked with it. Zombie aficionados, they’re quite precious with all their rules. Like with running: “They don’t do that!” Of course there are so many manifestations of zombies now, the rule book has gone out the window. I saw one episode of The Walking Dead, and it was very gripping. But the zombies were stumbling around again, which I hate."

Wired: "You produced that movie’s sequel, 28 Weeks Later, and there’s talk about you directing the next installment, which obviously has to be called 28 Months Later. Is that in the works?"

Danny Boyle: "Given what we’ve just been talking about, it’s very difficult to know whether zombies are overexposed now as a concept. So it’s 40/60 whether it happens or not. But we did have an idea of where to set it and what it might be about."

Wired: "Can you share any of those ideas?"

Danny Boyle: "No, because they’ll end up in The Walking Dead. "

Source: Wired
Anonymous Monday 4/15/2013 at 08:30 PM | 100727