Forums DVD & Blu-rays
The Special Features For The Blu-ray Collector's Edition Of THE FOG Have Been Announced!

The full details are in regarding Scream Factory's upcoming Blu-ray release of John Carpenter's The Fog. And man, oh man is it LOADED with a ton of new bonus features! Read on to learn more.

his summer, blood-curdling terror awaits loyal fans and movie collectors as SCREAM FACTORY™ is proud to present the iconic 1980 supernatural thriller THE FOG Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ and DVD on July 30, 2013. Directed by legendary filmmaker John Carpenter (Halloween, The Thing), this spooky and atmospheric tale of a Northern California coastal town under ege by dead souls back for revenge is highly regarded by both fans and critics as one of the true clascs of the horror genre. Boasting an all-star cast that includes Adrienne Barbeau (Creepshow), Jamie Lee Curtis (True Lies), Janet Leigh (Psycho), Tom Atkins (Halloween III), John Houseman (The Paper Chase), and Hal Holbrook (Lincoln), THE FOG is a nail-biting ghost story experience that you will never forget!

For the first time on Blu-ray, this definitive collector’s edition home entertainment release of THE FOG features a new transfer of the film supervised by Oscar®-nominated cinematographer Dean Cundey (Jurasc Park, Back to the Future). Presented in anamorphic widescreen, THE FOG Collector’s Edition is packed with bonus content, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork and a reverble wrap with original theatrical key art! THE FOG Collector’s Edition Blu-ray has a suggested retail price of $29.93 and $19.93 for the DVD.

***Avid fans and collectors please take note: those who order THE FOG Collector’s Edition from ScreamfactoryDVD.com will receive the excluve 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commisoned artwork! Only 500 posters will be printed, so these are only available while supplies last.***

Special Features Include:

Excluve interview with Actress Jamie Lee Curtis discusng The Fog and covering her legendary early 80s “Scream Queen” career. (NEW) Audio commentary featuring Actress Adrienne Barbeau, Actor Tom Atkins and Production Degner Tommy Lee Wallace (NEW) Retrospective interview with Director of Photography Dean Cundey about his many legendary collaborations with John Carpenter (NEW) Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Film’s Locations with host Sean Clark (NEW) Tales From The Mist: Inde The Fog Featurette Fear On Film: Inde The Fog Featurette The Fog: Storyboard To Film Featurette Outtakes Theatrical Trailers & TV Spots Photo Gallery and Storyboards Audio Commentary With Writer/Director John Carpenter And Writer/Producer Debra Hill
Anonymous Monday 4/22/2013 at 08:31 PM | 100766
Wow! I was buying this no matter what, but that Jamie Lee interview is a major score for Scream Factory, not to mention the new commentary with Atkins and Barbeau.

I cannot wait!
Preston Eleven Monday 4/22/2013 at 11:44 PM | 100770
Hooray! Oh my god I am so excited for this! The Fog is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time. I could not be more thrilled that this is happening. The cover art is terrific, yet it's interesting that Adrianne Barbeau's head is bigger than everyone else. This will be the first time I will have ever seen it in HD, as close yet to the original 35mm film that I was unfortunately too young to enjoy. July 30th can't come fast enough.

Take. My. Money.
Boisv Thursday 4/25/2013 at 04:57 AM | 100781
Now if only they would release the soundtrack. Not the score, I mean all of that wonderful jazz.
Boisv Thursday 4/25/2013 at 04:59 AM | 100782