Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
SCREAM Pilot Greenlit By MTV, Wes Craven In Talks To Direct

We're not gonna bore you with any fancy intro's on this breaking news.

However, we do wanna interject by saying - if you're a fan of the Scream franchise, get ready to brace yourself, because the news we're about to spit is very intoxicating to say the least!!

It's no secret that MTV has been trying to develop a televion adaptation of the Kevin Williamson-created franchise for quite some time, and now according to THR, the cable network is moving forward with an official pilot order.

Produced with Dimenon Films, MTV is currently in search of writers for the one-hour project while Scream director Wes Craven is in discusons to direct the pilot. Should Scream receive a series order, it would be slated for a summer 2014 launch and would join current scripted offerings Teen Wolf (also adapted from a film franchise) and Awkward.Stay tuned for more.

Source; THR
Anonymous Thursday 4/25/2013 at 10:17 PM | 100785
I have everything but a good feeling about this, seeing as Scream 4 was a breath of fresh air, they shouldn't start digging their own grave with a TV series now. I mean, look at Hannibal and Bates motel, two of the most successful horror films of ALL time and we already see their rating plummeting in the 4th-5th week, what makes them think this will work? Cant they let a franchise die? But I guess in the generation of reboots I should have seen this coming
boogeyman8 Sunday 4/28/2013 at 03:52 AM | 100790