Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
I Spit On Your Grave 2 Arrives This Fall From Anchor Bay

If you liked the 2010 remake of I Spit On Your Grave, the next chapter of the film franchise is on its way, and we're pretty sure that Bidite "horrorlord" is grinning from ear-to-ear. Read on for the skinny.

Anchor Bay Films has once again joined forces with CineTel Films to release the next chapter of the controveral I Spit On Your Grave film franchise. I Spit on Your Grave 2 wrapped production late last year with Steven R. Monroe directing. The film is expected to be released in fall 2013. Anchor Bay Entertainment Predent Bill Clark made today’s announcement.

“We had a great experience working with Lisa and Paul at CineTel on the 2010 remake,” commented Kevin Kasha, Executive Vice Predent, Acquitions and Co-Productions. “Both the fans and critics alike loved the film and we know that I Spit on Your Grave 2 will deliver.”

“We’re thrilled to continue our association with Anchor Bay for I Spit on Your Grave 2,” noted CineTel Films producer Lisa Hansen. “Anchor Bay was a true partner in their handling of the 2010 remake. We all knew that the die-hard fan base would be disappointed with anything less than the unrated veron…the film had to be real, brutal, and honest. They walked that path lockstep with us and continue to do so as we shape the franchise.”

Anchor Bay Films released I Spit on Your Grave in 2010 to critical acclaim. Based on Meir Zarchi’s 1978 veron, the film gained the respect of both mainstream and genre critics. The New York Times called it “extremely efficient grindhouse,” while New York Magazine’s David Edelstein extolled “Each killing is as protracted, humiliating, ingenious, gory and downright poetic as any I’ve seen, and I’ve seen it all.” Bloody-Disgusting’s Brad Miska said “The audience gasped, screamed and cheered as they watched Sarah Butler drop the axe on her assailants,” while Rue Morgue Magazine declared it “a cinematic bulldozer…it handily trumps the original in the ferocious revenge sequences.” I Spit on Your Grave 2 is a new chapter in the series.”
Anonymous Wednesday 5/08/2013 at 09:01 PM | 100835
Your right I do have a smile on my face.This is the greatest horror news Ive heard in a long time.With luck this will do well so the studio's can begin making more.
horrorlord Wednesday 5/08/2013 at 10:43 PM | 100841
I was well pleased with the re-make. I cannot imagine the courage it took from the actors that participated from the remake and original. Fact of buness...that goes for any film with such phycal exposure and endurance.

I fully look forward to the sequel of ISOYG. Best to all cast/crew.
aceofspades70 Thursday 5/09/2013 at 03:58 AM | 100843