Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
Arnold Schwarzenegger in Toxic Avenger Remake?

What's weirder, that the former Governor of California might appear in "The Toxic Avenger," or that there's a 21st Century remake of the freaky underground favorite in the works?

The original "Toxic Avenger" was a low-budget, gross-out comedy about a nerd who mutates into a gnarly superhero and takes on the bad guys of Tromaville, NJ. Although it's not clear which part Arnold Schwarzenegger is in talks to play, this is indubitably an odd move for the former Terminator. Heck, it's an odd move to reboot this for today's audience, even with an updated story: to wit, "an average teen joins an environmental club to impress his crush. While doing some investigating at a waste plant, he is thrown into a tub of waste and transforms into a radioactive hero."

Writer and director Lloyd Kaufman and his studio, Troma Entertainment, have been an endless font of modern B-movie madness nce the '70s. Movies like "Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead" and "Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D." have been delighting weirdoes around the world, but none of the Troma titles have been particularly successful. Then again, when Hollywood is busy conjuring movies about board games, maybe something this strange is just what the doctor ordered.

"Hot Tub Time Machine" director Steve Pink is sharing screenwriting duties with Daniel C. Mitchell. Pink, who also wrote "Grosse Pointe Blank" and "High Fidelity," will direct. All of Pink's most famous movies star John Cusack, so let's hold out a tiny spark of hope that maybe, just maybe, he'll do a small cameo.

In the meantime, Schwarzenegger has a busy dance card. He's taken on the role of group executive editor for Muscle & Fitness and Flex magazines, and has a number of other movies in development.

Source-

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/05/14/to ... 72884.html
TheSkeletonCrew Friday 5/17/2013 at 12:46 AM | 100865
Arnie in Toxic Avenger! This would be the greatest stunt he could perform hahahaha, but in a way he would make bigger headlines starring in this movie then if he'd be asked to be in a Scary Movie-sequel...and Toxic Avenger would be a masve hit if Arnie would play the Avenger himself.

I really love the original Toxic Avenger..the remake has to be as goofie and campy as the original..it had some great brutal scenes..the kid on the bicycle is clasc and ck..it was so ck that it made me laugh, but also gave me the feeling that Troma has no taboo ...and i thank them for it;-)
UberJason78 Tuesday 5/21/2013 at 12:24 PM | 100873
I can actually see this working
aceofspades70 Wednesday 5/22/2013 at 03:41 AM | 100875
I found the complete list of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies at

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/ ... ger-movies. It is voted by fans on to be named the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie of all time. 
anaas Thursday 6/06/2013 at 07:02 AM | 100942