Forums Horror Movie Talk
"Ouija" -Original Story- Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Staring at the clock in deep thought, Angelina watched as the numbers started to change. The annoying ren began its tune, as the alarm went off. Reaching forward to press the button that would stop the deep, monotone ring, she could feel the amount of energy it took from her. Glancing back, she could see Nathan’s eyes were wide open. It was apparent neither of them slept well last night. A tear gently dripped from her eye as her thoughts continued to swirl in her head.

“I wish I could get up, and make the children breakfast. Hear them waking up happy, and excited about the day. I wish I could make love to you this morning, like it was just another normal day.” Angelina’s voice was raspy, and haggard. “But its not, nothing has been normal for days now. Im tired, and I can feel this wearing on me.”A steady flow of tears were streaming down her warm cheeks, yet she held her composure. Nathan’s hand ran up her back, over her shoulder and around her chest. His body was close to hers in an instant, embracing her. Gently kisng her neck, and running the tip of his nose along her skin, he attempted to sooth her pain. Leaning against her husband, Angelina let go. It was nice to feel as his weight held her up, as she was beginning to question her own strength.The nightstand began to shake, as her cell phone started to vibrate. Her emotions began to fall, as the moment was interrupted. Lifting the phone, she slid the indicator towards answer. Quietly, Nathan watched as his wife took the phone call. Making sure to keep contact with her, he continued to rub his skin against hers. After a few short responses, Angelina placed the phone by her de and took a deep breath.

“The autopsy is complete, they would like us to start thinking about the funeral arrangements.” She whispered.

“Did they say what the cause of death was?” Nathan asked.

“They couldn’t explain the misng organs, or how she was alive with that much skin misng. All they could conclude was that her body finally stopped fighting through the pain.” Angelina responded with no shown emotion.

lence fell over the room for many moments, as the two processed the information.“I thought this was all over,” Angelina cried. “I thought we ended it.”

“We can’t be potive that, this is what is going on here baby.” Nathan answered.

“What else could do that to someone? There were no incions to her body, and she was just gone. She just reappeared in our bed, holding me, as she fought for her life Nathan.” Angelina cried out once more.

“We are just going to figure out a way to end this all, before anyone else gets hurt.” Nathan replied.

“You’re stating the obvious, Nathan.” Angelina snapped.

“Im just trying to be here for you,” he spoke softly. “You’re not going through this alone, no matter what happens.” His voice gained volume as he continued. “So don’t snap at me for not knowing what to say in this fucked up tuation.” Finishing his sentence, Nathan pulled his hand away from Angelina.

“I’m sorry,” She spoke instantly.

Taking a breath, she attempted to calm her thoughts.“Please don’t think, that I don’t know you’re here for me. I wouldn’t get through this without you.” Angelina turned towards her husband, and took hold of his hand. “im sorry for making you feel that way.”

Her eyes were full of tears once more, as she leaned in to kiss her husband. His hands ran along her des, caresng her curves. Letting out a gh, she knew he was over the short argument.“What time do we need to go to the funeral home?” He asked.

“I would rather do that myself,” Angelina replied. “I think it would be best if you took the kids out. They don’t need to be troubled with anymore than necessary.”

“Are you sure,” Nathan questioned.

“Yeah, take them to the Arcade or something. I dunno how long I will be.”Forcing herself to get out of bed, Angelina made her way to the living room. Andrew was lying on the couch, with Dillon’s head resting on his abdomen. Andrew’s hand was hanging off the couch, next to Hayden’s, who was lying on the floor. Leighton was curled up next to him, and Nichole was on the loveseat bundled under her covers. If the circumstances were different, Angelina would find this to be precious. Still, she was able to cherish a part of the scene.

Quietly she made her way to the kitchen, and began pulling out the toaster. Being in a lazy, and run down mood, Angelina wasn’t condering a homemade breakfast. tting the large, double capacity toaster on the counter, she could hear covers rustling. Glancing up, she noticed Nichole tting up on the loveseat. Stumbling, she made her way into the kitchen with her mother.“Good morning,” Angelina spoke softly.

“Good morning,” Nichole responded.

Taking the frozen waffles out of the freezer, Angelina studied her daughter. Her skin was a bit more pale than usual, and her eyes were shadowed.“Are you feeling okay,” Angelina asked.

“Not really,” Nichole answered.

“What’s wrong,” Angelina questioned.

“I feel like my whole body is being crushed, like a constant pressure on my bones.” Nichole replied with a deep breath.

“Do I need to take you to the hospital,” Angelina asked cautiously.“No mom, I’m fine. Its you that I am worried about,” Nichole reached forward and placed her hand on top of her mothers.

Angelina could feel as the tears began to build up, and her body tensed. Presng her lips together, she fought the emotions with all her might. Faking a smile, she stared into her daughter’s eyes. She could see her mother’s face in her daughter’s. It was a beautiful, yet desolate thing.“Don’t worry about me honey, I still have a lot of fight left in me.” Angelina lied.

“I love you mom,” Nichole ignored her mother’s words. “I cant imagine long you, and I have no clue what it is youre going through, but I am here for you. I got my strength from you, and I will be happy to be a rock for you when you need me.”

A small tear slipped through Angelina’s border, and ran along her cheek. Wiping it off, she reached for her daughter. Holding her close, she let out a deep breath.

“Thank you,” She stated.

The noise from Angelina and Nichole’s conversation began to wake up the remaining children. Like a domino effect, they began to wake from their sleep.“Are you guys hungry,” Angelina spoke loudly?

“Yeah,” Leighton climbed into the tall chair at the bar.

Her face was smiling, as she looked up at her mother. Angelina knew she was sad, deep inde, but Leighton was always one to smile.“Good we are having waffles,” Angelina spoke directly to her youngest daughter.“Waffles,” Hayden questioned.

“Yes, whats wrong with them?” Angelina asked firmly.

“Nothing, waffles are great.” Nichole answered for her younger brother.Glaring at him, she lently warned him not to begin his brat ways today.

Hearing the bedroom door open, Angelina watched as Nathan made his entry to the family madness. Smiling, he hugged Nichole, kissed Leighton’s cheek and gently rustled Hayden’s hair.“How are you doing,” Nathan spoke to the group.“Im fine,” Leighton responded happily.

Her voice brought a smile to his face.

“Good, cause im going to take you guys to Main Event today.” Nathan announced. “Your mom has to take care of a few things, and I figured you guys would have fun.”

“Things to do with grandma,” Leighton asked innocently.

The room was momentarily paused with an awkward lence. Glancing around at the faces, Angelina changed her expreson and responded.

“Yes honey, we have to get her funeral ready.” She spoke in a kind voice.“Im sorry, mommy.” Leighton responded.

“Im sorry too, sweetie.” Angelina smiled.

“You gonna come with us, Andrew?” Nathan asked.

“Yeah, sure.” Andrew responded.

“Your parents are gonna be okay with you misng school?” Nathan questioned.

“They will be fine, they understand why im over here.” He assured.

tting a large pile of waffles on the counter, with plates and eating utenls, broke the awkward conversation as everyone began to eat. After a few minutes of lence, Andrew spoke.

“Thank you Mrs. Reese,” He politely stated.

“You’re welcome.” She responded.

Watching Nichole, Angelina noticed she wasn’t eating very much. Her fork was pushing the waffle around in a circle, and only a few bites had been taken.“Are you okay,” Angelina asked.

Nichole continued to push the waffle around, seemingly unaware of the question her mother asked.

“Nichole,” Angelina firmly stated.

Taking a quick look around the room, Nichole glanced up from her plate.“Yeah?” She questioned.

“I asked why you weren’t eating your food,” Angelina explained.

Letting out a short bulk of air, Nichole forced a smile.

“It just doesn’t taste right to me,” She stared off, long interest in the conversation.

“Tastes fine to me,” Nathan spoke with a mouthful of waffle.

“I think im getting ck,” Nichole turned back toward her mother. “Im gonna go lie down in my room.”

“You don’t want to go to the arcade,” Angelina asked.

“No,” Nichole looked at her father. “You guys have fun,” She smiled before leaving the room.“Is she okay?” Nathan’s brow was bend down in uncertainty.

“She woke up looking pale and drained. Even if she isn’t, she may just need some time alone.” Angelina responded.The rest of the morning was slow, yet Angelina was content with it. The slower time seemed to move, the longer she had before she had to deal with her mother’s funeral arrangements. Still ten o’ clock came around, and she mad to mentally prepare herself for what was to come next.Fully dressed, and prepared, Angelina stepped out of her room and towards the front door. Leighton ran past her, and into her room.“Found my shoe,” She yelled at her father.

“Hey, Mr. Reese, Dillon is gonna ride with me over to my house. Then we will meet you there,” Andrew spoke to Nathan.

“That’s fine,” Nathan quickly answered.“I wanna go with you,” Hayden pleaded with Andrew.

“Gotta ask your dad, buddy.” Andrew answered.

“Dad,” Hayden whined.“That’s fine with me,” Nathan responded.

“Hurry up and get dressed,” Dillon yelled at his younger brother.

Taking a step back, Angelina knocked on Nichole’s door. With no answer, she slowly, and quietly opened it. Glancing up from her pillow, Nichole smiled.

“Im about to head out sweetie, if you need anything call me. Ill be here in minutes, okay?”

“Okay mom, don’t worry about me.” Nichole assured.

“Love you,” Angelina smiled on her way out of the room.

Hearing thunder, Angelina made her way to the nearest window. A light rain was falling to the ground, only furthering the depresng mood of the day.“Maybe we should actually start ung the garage,” Nathan joked as he grabbed his wife’s waist.

“Be safe,” she responded with a kiss.

“I love you.” He stated with dominance, knowing she needed all the support able to be given.“I love you too,” Angelina forced a smile.

“Have you seen Sebastian,” Hayden called to the group.

“He is probably asleep somewhere,” Nathan replied.

“Hayden, forget the dog, we are leaving.” Dillon called.“Uhg,” Hayden responded with attitude.“Leighton, come on baby, we’re leaving.” Nathan called.

The family began to make their way to the front door, before rushing to their cars. Before locking the house, Nathan called out a goodbye to his eldest daughter. Soon after, the house was lent.Staring at her clock, Nichole felt her eye’s begin to shut. It didn’t make sense for her to be sleepy, however she couldn’t fight it much longer. Allowing her eyes to close, she listened to the lence. Opening her eyes, she read the numbers on the clock. An hour had passed, yet it felt like two minutes. Glancing around the room, she made sure everything was as she remembered. The door was still closed, and nothing was out of the ordinary. Resting her head once more, she began to drift into sleep again.Jolted awake, by what sounded like a man screaming her name, Nichole glanced around the room once more. Her heart stopped as her eyes rested on the bedroom door, that now stood open.“Mom,“ she called into the lence.Waiting for a response, she attempted to t up.

Nothing.After many moments, the inconvenient pressure began to subde, allowing Nichole to pull herself up right. The sudden decrease in pressure felt her stomach feeling queasy, yet empty. The urge to vomit rang through her senses like an alarm, and swiftly she reached for her bedroom trashcan. Savagely, she began to release the small amount of waffle she had eaten earlier, along with an unhealthy portion of bile.Realizing she had missed the trashcan to a small degree, she began to climb out of bed. Grabbing her phone, she began to text her mother on how she was beginning to feel better. Before sending the text, Nichole placed the phone on the counter in the kitchen as she rounded up cleaning supplies. Placing a scrubber, a rag, and a smell good cleaning product together, she started towards her room once more.The awful taste of vomit coated her mouth, caung her to gently place the supplies back on the counter. Heading towards the refrigerator, she quickly opened the door. Taking out a bottle of soda, she swiftly poured her a tall glass. Taking a drink, she attempted to wash the taste from her mouth. Placing the glass on the nk, she gathered the cleaning supplies once more and made her way to the room.Running the rag over the vomit, she began to pick up as much of the solids as she could. Upon completion, she poured a small amount of the scented cleaner on the stain. Viciously, she began to scrub the carpet. A small gathering of bubbles appeared, and the fresh scent filled the room. Relieved the stain was coming out, she took a breath. Her stomach rattled in hunger, reminding her she had yet to eat.Ring to her feet, she placed the open bottle of cleaner on her shelf, next to its lid. Making her way back down the hallway, she entered the kitchen. Picking up her glass of soda, she took another large gulp. Opening the pantry doors, she searched for her craving; yet nothing seemed to satisfy. Grabbing a can of chicken soup, she made her way to the stove. Pouring the contents into a pan, Nichole began to cook her lunch. Figuring soup would be best for her stomach, she no longer fought to answer her craving. Turning off the burner as the broth began to boil, Nichole refilled her glass of soda.The sudden surprise of her ringtone sent her nerves over the edge. Laughing away her fright, she reached for it.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe, feeling better?” Nathan asked,

“Yeah, a little. Im gonna try to eat some soup.” Nichole replied.

“Good,” He responded. “Well Leighton and Hayden are having a blast, so we might be a little longer.”“Take your time, mom’s not back yet either. Im fine, really.” Nichole assured.

“Well text your mom and let her know youre feeling better, love you.” Nathan spoke loudly as the background muc grew in volume.

“Okay, love you too.” Nichole ended the call.Sending the text to her mother, she returned to pouring her soup into a bowl, leaving her phone on the counter. Walking down the hall, she took another drink of her soda. Entering her room, she could see the bottle of cleaning product lying on her bed; its contents spilling out.“Shit!”She quickly placed the bowl of soup, and glass of soda on her shelf. Picking up the bottle of purple liquid, she twisted her comforter into a ball and pushed it into the floor. A small bit of the liquid seeped through, thankfully it wasn’t enough to worry about. With a gh of disappointment, she placed the empty bottle on the shelf next to its lid. Her body froze as she realized she had left it tting on the shelf when she left the room. Instantly after her realization, the harsh crash of a glass shattering against a wall filled the room, followed by a thud of the heavy bowl against the floor.With a scream, she turned towards her door. The bowl was in the doorway, upde down. Soup covered the surrounding area, and glass littered the floor close by. Loud footsteps could be heard rushing from her room, and her heart began to flutter with terror. Taking a cautious step forward, she listened. In the distance, she could hear something else breathing. Her spine tingled, and her eyes watered. A small cry escaped her throat, and a wave of hefty stomps began streaming towards her. Slamming her door shut, Nichole locked the handle and made her way towards her bed.Immediately, something began to bang against her door. Each thud, gaining in strength. Frantically, she began to search for her phone. Seeing her charger curled up on her night stand, she remembered leaving it on the kitchen counter.

“Fuck,” She cried out loud.The door began to crack from the hinges, as the thuds became more violent. The wood began to cave a few inches inward, as the frame began to fall from the walls.“Stop,” She screamed.

Rushing to the door, she began to push all her weight against it. Still whatever was on the other de was winning. Falling to the floor, she placed her legs against her entertainment center and pressed with all her strength. It stopped the movement, but only slightly.“Go away,” She cried out.Realizing her new potion was keeping the door from bursting open, she sat in tears. If she could just keep her leg from bending too far, she could keep whatever it was out of her room until her parents got home. Minutes passed, and still the being was thrusting itself upon the door. Nichole could feel as her leg began to cave under the strength of her opponent. Placing her other leg against the heavy wooden structure, she fought back. Slightly, the entertainment center began to inch forward. Her heart fell to the pit of her stomach in fear, and her eyes were overrun with tears.

“Mom,” she cried.

The loud collion continued for many minutes longer, and Nichole wasn’t sure how much more she was going to be able to take. The entertainment center was almost too far away to be able to use in her defense. Her legs were beginning to buckle under the pressure, and her back was sore from the constant knocking.To her relief, the banging came to a stop. The house was lent again, and the sound of her heavy breaths was all she could hear. In the distance, her phone began to ring. Her heart skipped a beat at the sound, and her head rushed with thoughts. If she could get to her phone, she could call for help. The front door wasn’t much further, even the backdoor was close. She could escape, if she was quick enough. Tears continued to fall as her chest spasmed with cries. The suspense, and uncertainty of her fate was too much to handle. Still, she had to fight.Quietly, she got to her feet. Her limbs were trembling terribly, and her breaths were hard to catch. She could feel as a cold sweat dripped from her forehead, and mucus dripped from her nostrils. Touching the cold handle, she closed her eyes. Fighting to keep her hand steady, she carefully twisted the knob. Quietly, she opened the door. Hugging the wall, she glanced down the hallway. To her surprise, nothing was there. Looking down at her feet, she could see the damage from the struggle. The bowl was broken into pieces, and think splinters of wood were tossed about. A few large pieces of her door were lying on the ground, and a set of prints were pressed into the carpets. The round, hoof like prints sent her heart into a frenzy as it confirmed that the demon was in the house with her.Taking a deep breath to fill her confidence meter, Nichole tensed up trying to steady her shaking limbs. Taking a step forward, she tested the water. Nothing. Again, she took a step, with no repercusons. Jolting forward, she reached the kitchen bar in seconds.“Fuck,” She whispered.

Her phone was misng. Glancing around her, she searched for the demon. Taking a step towards the front door, she stopped. The garage door was wide open.“Mom,” she called out.Taking a small step towards the opening, she listened for a reply. She could hear a faint whine, caung her mind to go into a flurry of thoughts. Taking another step towards the dark room, Nichole was completely unaware of the bedroom doors slowly clong behind her. Her heart was in a frenzy, and thoughts mirrored it. Taking a step back, she began to walk towards the front door. Again, a slight whimper could be heard coming from the garage. Reaching forward, her hand searched for the light switch, but her eyes were locked on the dark doorway. A large lump in her throat made it hard for her to breath, as she began to panic. The light switch was no where to be found.Viciously an object was chunked towards her, sending her colliding with the floor. She could feel as a liquid ran along her body as she fought to get to her feet. A stream of blood lead up to Sebastian’s dead body. His upper jaw had been ripped from his skull, and his intestines were lying around his carcass. With a terrified scream, Nichole ran towards the front door. The large couch was tossed up right, blocking her way. The loud thud caused her heart to skip a beat, and she fought to regain control. Racing towards the backdoor, she felt as a hand gripped a wad of her hair, and ferociously slammed her towards the ground.Crying out in pain, she watched as objects began to fly around the room. It was apparent the demon was tosng them effortlessly. Still she couldn’t see him. Rolling on to her de, Nichole began to stand. On the floor, next to the table, was her phone. In a spasm, she lunged forward. A missed call from her mom was the first thing she could see, presng the call button, she brought the phone up to her ear. Before the first ring could take place, Nichole could feel as her body was lifted from the floor. Watching as her feet dangled in place, she felt as the demon carried her into the hallway. Viciously, she was slammed against the wall. A scream of pain escaped as she tried to fight off the invible being.“Help,” she screamed desperately as her body was lifted higher against the wall. “Mom,” she cried.

She could feel as her shirt began to tear against her skin, and within moments the fabric fell to the floor. Claws dug into her skin, as a hand gripped her brasere. Her skin was torn open, as the bra was ripped from her body. She could feel as her shorts and panties were torn, and fell between her legs and to the floor.“Please, help me.” She cried out once more.

Her cried were cut short as she could feel the demon’s tongue traveling along her body. Her skin crawled in disgust as it made wet trails down her abdomen. Within moments, she could feel the disfigured tongue around her vulva. A sharp pain came from inde her as the tongue made its way in. Screaming, she tried hard to fight the demon off. After a few moments, she could feel as the tongue inched away from her opening. Trying to catch her breath, she sobbed uncontrollably.“Please, God,” she murmured.A high pitched scream escaped her throat as another sharp pain tore into womb. This time, she knew it wasn’t his tongue. Viciously, it thrust against her, caung the pain to worsen. She could feel as blood ran down her leg, and dripped from her feet. Her limbs were completely immobilized by the demon’s strength, and the constant pain made it hard for her to catch her breath. After what seemed like an eternity, her body fell to the ground.She fought to regain her breaths, and tried desperately to move. She felt defiled, and unclean in every way. Nichole wanted to give up, and let the pain end. Somehow, she got a last wind of strength, and attempted to pick herself up. Savagely, her body was tossed against the ceiling, where her body was held in place. She could feel as the demon’s body pressed against her, and it brought back the memory of the pressure she felt earlier today. Her lungs began to stop expanding, and her body started to go into shock. The pressure felt as if it were going to crush her body. Her eyes widened as she felt him entering her, not in a sexual way, but phycally taking over her body. Tears began to stream from her eyes, as she felt herself becoming possessed.* * * * * * *

Lifting her purse, Angelina could see as the notification light flashed. Taking her phone out, she realized she had a missed call from Nichole.“Im sorry, my daughter is home ck, give me just a second.” Angelina apologized.Clicking on the voicemail, she lifted the phone to her ear.

“Mom,” Nichole screamed.

Angelina lost her breath, and dropped her purse to the ground. She could hear as things were tossed around in the background, while her daughter screamed in pain. The cries became more and more desperate, and Angelina couldn’t control her emotions. Tears streamed from her face, as she listened.

“Please, God.” Nichole cried out.

Stopping the voicemail, Angelina picked up her purse.“I have to go,” She jolted towards the front door.

Frantic, she dialed her husband.“Hello?” Nathan answered.

“Where are you,” Angelina screamed.

“We are leaving Main Event right now,” Nathan laughed.

“Get home now,” Angelina cried.

“Whats wrong?” Nathan’s voice was filled with panic.

“Something happened to Nicole,” Angelina stated in a frenzy.

Tosng the phone towards the passenger seat, Angelina started the car. Screeching her tires, she furiously made her way out of the parking lot. Her mind was racing with terrible thoughts. Was her daughter still alive? She knew it was the demon, and she prayed with everything in her that Nichole was alive. The cries from the phone sounded worse than just torture, and Angelina couldn’t make sense of it all.Finally arriving, Angelina threw the car into park and raced towards the front door. Placing the key into the tumbler, she struggled to unlock the door. Finally, it opened.
JohnCorley92 Sunday 7/21/2013 at 03:26 AM | 101682