Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
"The Conjuring" Breaks Box Office Weekend Opening Record!

This weekend at the box office, low budget and highly anticipated film "The Conjuring" destroyed the big budget "R.I.P.D." which took in $12.7 million. The Conjuring" on the other hand brought in a record breaking $41.3 million at the box office over this weekend, which is more than double the production budget it was given. This marks the best opening Ever for an original R-rated horror film. This tops last month's "The Purge" which took in

$34 million on it's opening weekend.

From Yahoo:

"The Conjuring," directed by James Wan ("Saw") and starring Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson, got high marks from reviewers and audiences – rare for a horror film. It has an 85 percent potive rating on review aggregation te Rotten Tomatoes. And

first night audiences – which broke down 53 percent female and 59 percent over 25 years of age -- gave it an "A-" CinemaScore.

"James Wan delivered a really smart, well-crafted film," Warner Bros. executive vice-predent of domestic distribution Jeff Goldstein told TheWrap, "and I think that's the biggest reason that audiences responded the way they did. The whole real-life aspect of it ('The Conjuring" was based on a real-life case) resonated, too."

"R.I.P.D." was all but dead on arrival."

Source- Yahoo
wabisabi333 Sunday 7/21/2013 at 05:36 PM | 101687