Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
More Monsters Teased in Potential Godzilla Sequel

While we still have to wait a year for the upcoming remake of GODZILLA, that hasn't stopped Gareth Edwards from coming up with a potential sequel idea — and it's pretty awesome! In a recent interview with Screen Rant, Edwards talks about one of his favorite films from the original series as well as what he'd like to do with a sequel.

“With the exception of the 1954 original, I would say my second favorite film is Destroy All Monsters. I just love the idea of a monster island. Having a world with these creatures in it. I find that fascinating and would like to treat that realistically. I wouldn’t want to limit it to one other foe, I think it’s more fun to – this question will come back to haunt me if we ever do a sequel – but I think multiple creatures make better movies in terms of the image of Gojira.”

There you have it. Looks like Edwards wants to take his next GODZILLA film in the direction of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS. Can't really complain about that! As excited as I am to see the return of GODZILLA, I'd love to see the likes of Mothra, Gigan, Rodan, and King Ghidorah tearing shit up on the big screen once again!

Edwards directs from a screenplay by Max Borenstein, Frank Darabont, and Dave Callaham. The film is set to crash into theaters on May 16, 2014 with Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Richard T. Jones, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, David Strathairn, Patrick Sabongui, Yuki Morita, Brian Markinson, Juliette Binoche, Akira Takarada, Victor Rasuk, C.J. Adams, and Ken Watanabe all starring.

credit

http://www.joblo.com
chuckconry101 Monday 7/29/2013 at 04:24 AM | 101792