Forums Off Topic
What horror movies deserve a remake?

i saw boo money's thread about the worst remakes and wondered what movies if any actually deserve a remake. like with today's technology, would it help with some films?

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 11/07/2008 at 01:29 AM | 22728
Wait... is this some sort of trick question???

;)
Myers31TKD Friday 11/07/2008 at 04:39 AM | 22738
You know, I'm not sure about remaking but I could see some horror movies being "Star Wars'd up a bit" and what I mean by this is the ole George Lucas fixer upper.

I'm not saying go psycho on the updates (like Lucas did with the original star wars trilogy) but some small CGI touch ups wouldn't hurt.

Examples:

When Nancy finally defeated Freddy in the end of the original nightmare.

Fix up those cheesy cartoon effects.

Same goes for the end of Hellraiser . . . just fix up the effects shots that date the movies and break their realism (do a limited theatrical release) then sell them on DVD with the option to watch the original film for the purists.

So don't remake them, just "repair" or "update" them.Anybody ever thought this might be a good way to go?
DaShape Friday 11/07/2008 at 05:12 AM | 22741
I know what you mean man... That would be great!

Honestly those films are clascs as is, would be neat to see them shined up a bit.

I know I still get a bit giddy when I watch Halloween on Blu Ray... SOOO CLEAR!!

DarkArtist81 Friday 11/07/2008 at 05:32 AM | 22742
great point you guys. A fresh coat of paint might be nice on some of the clascs. Would you add scenes like Lucas did however, like re shooting certain shots or digitally altering some things?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 11/07/2008 at 06:18 AM | 22748
I don't think they need new scene reshot or added . .. just nice CGI touch up to things that are already there.
DaShape Friday 11/07/2008 at 08:42 AM | 22752
On this remake waves, I'd like that the first movies from Coffin Joe had a remake, as a film from 1964 and 1965, "Midnight I'll Take Your Soul" and "Tonight I'll Possess Your Corpse"...

Some others like E.T. and NERDS too...
LÜCKMANN Friday 11/07/2008 at 09:44 AM | 22756
I think they should remake Christine.

Instead of a clasc car they should use some sort of Hybrid.

Then christine is actually a possessed car that is trying to force everyone to go green.

Evildsm Friday 11/07/2008 at 04:05 PM | 22779

Then christine is actually a possessed car that is trying to force everyone to go green.

Yep! Maybe could be Christine: the bike killer. Bikes don't polute the air!
LÜCKMANN Friday 11/07/2008 at 05:10 PM | 22794

DaShape Friday 11/07/2008 at 05:15 PM | 22796

would that hypocrite Al Gore star in it?
Johnny Bisco Friday 11/07/2008 at 05:25 PM | 22798

would that hypocrite Al Gore star in it?

I think so... They are saying he'll jump at the car with a Green Peace t-shirt "save the turtles"
LÜCKMANN Friday 11/07/2008 at 05:28 PM | 22800