Forums Horror Movie Talk
Derek Mears at Malek's 30th Anniversary Party

I was lucky enough to meet the new Jason at Malek's 30th Anniversary Bash last Saturday night. It was certainly a surprise to see him there.

He's a really nice guy and didn't mind chatting and taking pictures with all of his fans (or future fans). I can't wait for February 13th!
chaos_thorn Friday 11/07/2008 at 09:36 PM | 22815
Derek is a great guy isn't he. Very cool pic to have and sounds like a great party to be incited too! Damnit I will I could have made the 30 year con!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 11/08/2008 at 12:45 AM | 22838
I read about him at Bloody Disgusting. He made a great interview, and talked about many things, but what I'm getting surprised is how much Mears is a mple guy, and a big fan of F13th! There's a part of interview where he said: "... so, after audiction, when I was getting knowing that I was the one, plus one hour or later I was at home and thought: Damn! I'll be Jason Voorhees... I'm fucking Jason!..." And when asked about a sequel, he didn't hetate: "... Hell yeah! Sure I'm in!..."

I liked his authenticity, and february now looks more far than ever....
LÜCKMANN Saturday 11/08/2008 at 03:03 PM | 22861
That's awesome man!

It's so great to have Mears in the role, with his deep love for the character.

He seems like a guy who will want to do as many of the sequels as posble and he will forever be a fixture at the con circuit as well... He loves being Jason and he loves talking to the fans about it.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 11/08/2008 at 03:29 PM | 22868
I kind of wish we could have gone to the after party!

We had a blast though without the after party.
Evildsm Sunday 11/09/2008 at 07:49 PM | 22935
Derek is a very cool guy.

When Booman and I talked with him, he already knew what HorrorBid was.

He joked around with us a bit and gave us a "unique" autograph

DaShape Thursday 11/13/2008 at 07:24 AM | 23461