Forums Horror Collectibles
"TWILIGHT" Fans start mini riot in San Fracisco

Ok,

So I still don't get this whole "Twilight" obseson . . .. never read the books and I hear the movies are going to be very different (or adapted for hollywood) and I really don't have any interest to tell you the truth but this post isn't about my lack of interest . .. it's about the following and buzz this movie is generating.

from slashfilm: Twilight star Robert Pattinson was going to appear at a small Hot Topic store in the Stonestown Galleria, a mall just miles south of downtown San Francisco (but still technically in the city limits). Now some have speculated that the Twilight fanbase is not as big as you might think. It’s the whole “mob mentality” rule of the internet, where a large vocal group can have an expanve presence, and in affect, seem much larger than they actually are. Take Snakes on a Plane for instance. The reasoning is that the Twilight books have sold far far far less than the Harry Potter novels. But the early advance ticket numbers are much bigger than expected. And that appearance tonight in San Francisco? It’s been canceled. Over 3,000 Twilight fans, mostly teenage girls, showed up at the Stonestown Galleria early this morning. That is more than 10 times the amount of people that police officials were expecting. Apparently a few of the teenage fans were trampled, and one girl reportedly broke her nose. The event was cancelled for safety reasons. Some fans had traveled with their families from Los Angeles, Hawaii and Arizona.
DaShape Tuesday 11/11/2008 at 01:48 AM | 23069
I'm suposed to do the same thing.

Put that building down!

LÜCKMANN Tuesday 11/11/2008 at 10:37 AM | 23130
Teenage girls are crazy!

Evildsm Tuesday 11/11/2008 at 03:36 PM | 23152
Good lord...

I have a guy friend of mine that is in love with these books, and I really don't get it.

From what I have seen of the trailer, it looks like crap.

I just like my Vampires to be scary and not super powered.

These guys are jumping around like Spider-Man and the makeup looks horrible... And I thought I saw daylight shots in the trailer, with vamps walking around in the light??

While I loved the Anne Rice Vamp novels, these just seem geared towards sex starved teenage females.

My Wife's best friend offered to take us to see this with her, I declined.

Even for free, I wouldn't subject myself to this film.

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 11/11/2008 at 03:59 PM | 23158
I just known the flipper... There's a book?

Hey Mike, what a beautiful avatar! Me likes!
LÜCKMANN Tuesday 11/11/2008 at 06:22 PM | 23168
Thanks Glauco!

I was the pimp at the 30 years of terror.

I even spit game at the Cougar from Halloween 3.
Evildsm Tuesday 11/11/2008 at 07:02 PM | 23174
You're welcome Mike! Always count with me!
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 11/12/2008 at 02:41 PM | 23354
My ster who is 22 is a HUGE fan of Twilight.

She read all the books in like a weekend and even redecorated her bedroom into a Twilight room (It's actually pretty cool) but I as well don't get the obseson w/ the whole series either.

I am going with my ster to the midnight showing on November 20th just to support her and so she doesn't go by herself so hopefully it's good... if not... I am gonna be pretty miserable when I have to be up @ 5 in the morning that next day for work hahaha

KimmyBlanks Friday 11/14/2008 at 03:34 AM | 23582
Damn. My thought is those teenager girls need get a life and GET OVER WITH OBESON. I don't get it at all... I mean c'mon. What's so special about Romance Vampire? Lol. I really hope my friends don't act like that way... Harry Potter are doing better than Twilight with less-violence & more selling. I guess Twilight is new drug-addict, lmao.
Gary Suyoru Friday 11/14/2008 at 03:19 PM | 23609
I never read the books but I would like to see the movie.

Indeed teenage girls ARE very crazy,

I remember the NKOTB days.....
RxQueen13 Thursday 11/20/2008 at 04:01 AM | 24634
I never read the books but I would like to see the movie.

Indeed teenage girls ARE very crazy,

I remember the NKOTB days.....

If you see it let us know how it is
DaShape Thursday 11/20/2008 at 04:02 AM | 24635
Ok... So I barely know a thing about Twilight, I haven't read the books and really haven't paid attention to the press or anything about Twilight.

I took my ster to the midnight showing last night because she is a die hard fan and the theatre was mobbed with freaken Teeny Boppers! I was literally in my hell!! They had to open up 3 theatres for the midnight showing because there were soo many people there!

I went into this movie with an open mind and thought at best it could be "ok".

Well I gotta say that I thought the movie was DAMN GOOD!!! I was honestly blown away.

The casting was perfectly done and the acting was just outstanding in my opinion.

Having known NOTHING about Twilight and really not having a care in the world if I saw the movie or not, I was extremely happy that I did in fact see it because I thought it was one hell of a movie!!

I say at least give it a shot because you may be suprised just like I was!! It get's a two thumbs up from me!

KimmyBlanks Friday 11/21/2008 at 05:07 PM | 24959
Ok... So I barely know a thing about Twilight, I haven't read the books and really haven't paid attention to the press or anything about Twilight.

I took my ster to the midnight showing last night because she is a die hard fan and the theatre was mobbed with freaken Teeny Boppers! I was literally in my hell!! They had to open up 3 theatres for the midnight showing because there were soo many people there!

Well I gotta say that I thought the movie was DAMN GOOD!!! I was honestly blown away.

The casting was perfectly done and the acting was just outstanding in my opinion.

Having known NOTHING about Twilight and really not having a care in the world if I saw the movie or not, I was extremely happy that I did in fact see it because I thought it was one hell of a movie!!

I say at least give it a shot because you may be suprised just like I was!! It get's a two thumbs up from me! Wow, I was completely waiting for you to say this was over hyped and a let down . .. but oh my!

I might have to give it a try, the only thing better than going to see a good movie is seeing a movie you think is going to suck and it turns around and blows you away (that's the all time greatest movie experience for me).

Thanks for this report Kimmy!
DaShape Friday 11/21/2008 at 05:16 PM | 24962

I say at least give it a shot because you may be suprised just like I was!! It get's a two thumbs up from me! Wow, I was completely waiting for you to say this was over hyped and a let down . .. but oh my!

I might have to give it a try, the only thing better than going to see a good movie is seeing a movie you think is going to suck and it turns around and blows you away (that's the all time greatest movie experience for me).

Thanks for this report Kimmy

No problem!

KimmyBlanks Friday 11/21/2008 at 06:16 PM | 24986
Thats a bit sad movies probably crap anyway..........
TekNik Thursday 11/27/2008 at 02:13 AM | 25717