Forums Horror Movie Talk
Update On Kevin Smith's New Horror Film TUSK - Big Name Cast Member Joins!

In July we all learned of the news that CLERKS and RED STATE director Kevin Smith was moving forward with his body horror movie TUSK, which the director described as a "cuddly veron of THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE". Just to fill you in, the story is based on the strange true tale of a man who was lost out at sea for x months with a walrus and, after he returns he puts out an ad looking for a roommate. That in itself does not sound too scary, but one of the stipulations for the redent required the person to wear a walrus costume for 2 hours a day, pretending to be like his aquatic friend. So it seems really far out there. Some casting news had been made with the announcement of a new cast member.

In a recent interview with Kevin Smith revealed that WAITING, and DRAG ME TO HELL star Justin Long is now attached to star in TUSK. Long is a great actor and will be a huge asset to Smith's production. Long will be taking on the role of the walrus wearing wardrobed redent., a role that Smith originally wanted Quentin Tarantino to play! Justin Long I am sure will do just fine.Smith had this to say:

"Justin Long is the guy in the walrus suit. I needed a guy who has expresve eyes because once you’re in that suit, you’re covered. I reached out to Justin and he wrote back and was like, “This is awfully scary but how can we not? Let’s fall down this hole.”"It’s about a guy who turns another guy into a f–king human walrus. As weird as it is in my head when I talk about it, they finally sent me the costume degns by Robert Kurtzman, and I was like, “Holy sh-t, it’s a monster movie, I had no idea.” I thought I was making a kind of ster thriller to Red State. As soon as I saw the degns, I go, “Of course this is a monster movie and he’s Dr. Frankenstein.”

Smith also shared that TUSK will act as an "ivory bridge" to his long-awaited CLERKS III, but he also shared a little information on why he is taking on TUSK first and when we could expect to see it.

"I think Tusk will be an ivory bridge, if you will, to CLERKS III. I finished up the script in May or June, but the timetable is pretty tough because the budget is larger. 'Tusk' is a moveable feast at like $2 million and change, so it was way more nimble to put that together. Tusk was just something to do while waiting for news back on 'Clerks III.' Suddenly, people were like, “Really?

A human walrus? That sounds fucked up.” It suddenly took pole potion. Then I started going, “Look, I do this, it’s going to make 'Clerks III' even eaer to do. I can warm up for 'Clerks III.' It’s been a couple of years. Maybe I need some warmup pitches. But you definitely will see 'Tusk' before you’ll see CLERKS III And if I have my way, you’ll see 'Tusk' up in Sundance in January."

TUSK is ready to be in front of the cameras by October 21, so they have their work cut out for them if they are to have the film ready for Sundance. Dont Forget! Spread The Word! On October 1st Horrorbid.com will Xenomorphs into HorrorDomain.com

Source- HorrorDomain.com
wabisabi333 Saturday 9/28/2013 at 08:40 PM | 102342