Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
Big News On A HELLRAISER Reboot! Clive Barker/Doug Bradley Speak!

HELLRAISER is a household name within the world of Horror, as most fans home come to know the franchise with great passion. Clive Barker has been a busy man as of late working on numerous projects, from paintings to writing books and beyond. He is very high on social media and has dropped a bomb with some incredible news by way of his official Facebook page!

Here is what Clive wrote:

"HOT FROM HELL! My friends, I have some news which may be of interest to you. A few weeks ago I had a very productive meeting with Bob Weinstein of Dimension Pictures, in the course of which I pitched a remake of the first HELLRAISER film. The idea of my coming back to the original film and telling the story with a fresh intensity-honoring the structure and the designs from the first incarnation but hopefully creating an even darker and richer film-was attractive to Dimension. Today I have officially been invited to write the script based upon that pitch. What can I tell you about it? Well, it will not be a film awash with CGI. I remain as passionate about the power of practical make-up effects as I was when I wrote and directed the first HELLRAISER. Of course the best make-up in the world loses force if not inhabited by a first-rate actor. I told the Dimension team that in my opinion there could never be a Pinhead without Doug Bradley,and much to my delight Bob Weinstein agreed. So once the papers are signed , I will open a Lemarchand Configuration,dip my quill in its contents and start writing . I promise that there will be nowhere on the Internet where the news of my progress will be more reliable than here, because the only author of these reports will be Your Infernal Correspondent, me. My very best wishes to you all,my friends. Clive."

This is a total out of the blue shocker no doubt about it. Of couse nothing is official until it is in writing. Nonetheless, this news is sure to get the world talking about HELLRAISER once again. One of the people who spoke out to this announcement was Mr. Doug Bradley himself.

Here is what he had to say in regards to Clive Barker's statement:

“Hi everyone! Just arrived in Orlando for Spooky Empire, to be greeted by the news via Clive Barkers Facebook that he is writing a new Hellraiser script and intends that I should play Pinhead again. This is intriguing news, about which I know absolutely nothing. No one has contacted or spoken to me about returning. So until you hear from me to the contrary, assume that all rumors about me returning as Pinhead are only rumors. Peace & Pain. -Doug"

The questions arise of who will be directing? Also what rating will the movie be? Barker added:

"As questions are asked I’ll do my best to answer them,though as you all know making movies is a volatile art,and things seldom remain fixed. One question regarding the rating has been asked. I asked it too,and Dimension confirmed that they are purely interested in an R rated picture.Somebody else asked why I’m not writing something original. The answer is that I am.After HELLRAISER I intend to write and direct a completely new horror movie,which will mingle graphic horror and erotic content,to create an unrated film which will push the envelope of extreme content further than ever."

What do you all think about this?

Source- HorrorDomain.com

Source- Facebook
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 10/25/2013 at 09:48 AM | 102413
I am looking forward to this - Cursed Evil Overlord.
OobieOo Friday 10/25/2013 at 09:14 PM | 102414

HELLRAISER is a household name within the world of Horror, as most fans home come to know the franchise with great passion. Clive Barker has been a busy man working on numerous projects, from paintings to writing books and beyond. He dropped a bomb just around one year ago with the incredible news that he would be writing the HELLRAISER Reboot. Fast forward to the present and we have an update!

Clive Barker himself revealed in a recent interview with EW that he has just sent Bob Weinstein of Dimension Films the second draft of his screenplay for the new HELLRAISER film describing it as a "very loose" remake to his original classic.

Barker continued with:

“I think the phrase is ‘reboot,’ although I’ve never really understood what that meant,” he says. “I wanted to make sure we sounded some fresh notes. The movie actually begins on Devil’s Island. I wanted to fold into the Hellraiser narrative something about the guy—the Frenchman Lemarchand—who made the mysterious box, which raises Pinhead. I figured, ‘Well, what would have happened to him?’ He might well have been taken to Devil’s Island and I thought that would be a pretty cool place to start the movie. We’re waiting for Bob to come back to us and see when we’re going to actually make the movie.”

Devil's Island was a penal colony type prison which was in operation from the mid 1800's until 1953. The character of Lemarchand which Barker mentions appeared as a major role in HELLRAISER: BLOODLINE. There was no mention in the article of who would be directing or who would portray Pinhead as of yet.

We will continue to bring you the best in Horror movie/Horror TV news.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 11/01/2014 at 07:43 PM | 102937