Forums Horror Collectibles
RIP OFF ALERT AND QUESTION

Hey guys.... Im new here; sorry that one of my first posts here is a crappy one but everyone should have a heads up. I'd also like to know if anyone else won an auction from this guy or contacted him about one. Anyway:

BRENT DEANS 406 San Barnard Rd. Sylvester Georgia 31791

He had three auctions up on horrorbid early last month. One was a Myers lot auction with various figures (the one I won and paid for) The other was a 18" NECA sound/motion figure lot and the other was for one large scale special edition leatherface by deshow. I won the Myers lot. He wanted $135 shipped paid by MO...seemed cheap but hell some people do clean house sometimes. So I sent a USPS MO return receipt; got the card back with his gnature;...NO Myers lot...No answers to my emails!

He went by the seller name "HALLOWEEN"

Anyone ever deal with this ass before? if not BEWARE!
ny ghoul Wednesday 11/12/2008 at 10:07 PM | 23399
no i have not heard of him on here, i know of many of the sellers here but not him.

how long ago did you win the auction?
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 11/12/2008 at 10:11 PM | 23403
we will certainly be looking into this and taking proper action to eliminate him from our trading community. I am very sorry that this happened to you. I strongly urge everyone that makes a purchase to use paypal or another payment company that covers your money in case something like this happens. I still use money orders and checks myself but only on smaller amount auctions say $20. Again sorry that this happened, let us know if there is anything we can do to help you recover your funds.

Thanks and thanks for joining us here. Justin
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 11/12/2008 at 10:37 PM | 23407
Yeah, that really sucks to hear this happened to you man.

There are far too many douchebags out there these days.

I hope you get your money back...
DarkArtist81 Wednesday 11/12/2008 at 10:41 PM | 23409
Thanks guys... yeah I won the auction on October 12th. Sent out the MO 2 days later.....my fault really. Over a hundred dollars on a money order? I took the bait hook line and nker. I know that piece of crap got the mo and cashed it because I got back the return receipt. I have his myspace page as well. He's young. i'd love to get a hold of his parents and let them know what junior has been up to. My only hope is that he's a slacker who doesnt give a damn about respect and I'll get it whenever he feels like sending it. The fact that he hasnt responded to my emails or pm's thru horrorbid makes me think for sure i got the shaft. I jumped on the lot because it included the deshow Myers which is kinda hard to come by and ive wanted it for YEARS now. The lot also had the michael/loomis porch box set and then some smaller ones like a dopey bobble head and a smaller neca figure which I had already. i needed the deshow and the myers/loomis set.

Im sticking to paypal. Well if theres anyone out there with a deshow myers or the myers/loomis set who wants to sell it....let me know. In a few weeks I should have some more clams to work with. thanks for the support guys....already the forum is working some magic. Noone else I know would really sympathize! but its MYERS!!!!!!

anyway...off to dinner. cheers guys
ny ghoul Wednesday 11/12/2008 at 11:05 PM | 23415

There are far too many douchebags out there these days.Unfortunately.... Sorry to hear hun...hope you either get your money back or the myers stuff. You should print out the auction page where it shows you won and all of the emails/messages you sent him and put it all together w/the reciepts, etc and take his dumb ass to court. Well I don't know how much all that really counts but I would assume it does. You'd have to ask Lee...our redent lawyer

...or depending on how far away he is you could always go to his house and

lol j/k

kweandee Wednesday 11/12/2008 at 11:26 PM | 23418
WOW!!! I was just talking to Joel and Will last night in the chat room about the 18' figures lot!!! I told them that I was sorry that I let it get away. I would have paid by MO too!! Damn... I guess it was a good thing I let it go. I'm real sorry that you got burned man. It's sad that stuff like that happens to people. Thanks for posting this notice too... it may have kept me out of trouble.

;)
Myers31TKD Thursday 11/13/2008 at 12:45 AM | 23428
thanks for the words of support everyone. Myers31tkd.....dude Im glad you stayed clear. did you have a hunch? The only thing that had me a bit suspicious was the asking price for the lots....BUT like I said before every now and then people do clean house. It seemed like this fool was selling off a collection. Anyway....lesson learned here. The sad thing is that there are surely many decent folk who might request a MO. People like brent Deans ruin it for all!
ny ghoul Thursday 11/13/2008 at 07:39 AM | 23462
Damn, not again!

Sorry to hear about this happening to yet another collector.

This b.s. is really getting out of control.

I can honestly say that I've never been involved in any other hobby that had so many damn scam artists.

Have you tried to track down a phone number for that address?

I'm sure mommy and daddy would like to know what their little boy has been up to, unless of course the apple didn't fall far from the tree and they're thieving scumbags as well.

gummi Thursday 11/13/2008 at 10:16 AM | 23464
you paid my MO you have proof, reciepts and his address, if the goods dont come in say a week or so maybe you ought to call his local police dept......
Johnny Bisco Thursday 11/13/2008 at 01:35 PM | 23474
yeah thats what im going to do. Im hoping that somehow this creep will see one of these posts Ive put up and do the right thing. I'll give it a week and then Im going to call his local police.

oh by the way....the "redent" lawyer Lee...anyone know what kind of legal practise is his specialty?

thanks!
ny ghoul Thursday 11/13/2008 at 03:45 PM | 23485
oh by the way....the "redent" lawyer Lee...anyone know what kind of legal practise is his specialty? Lee works with child services. But he's too smart for his own good and can probably give you advice on any sort of law buness... I know i just ask him anything and he'll give good advice. :)
necromancer Thursday 11/13/2008 at 07:33 PM | 23496
Whats his user name? I need some advice. Nothing heavy just some buness questions. thanks everyone!
ny ghoul Friday 11/14/2008 at 04:40 PM | 23626
Whats his user name? I need some advice. Nothing heavy just some buness questions. thanks everyone

lblambert is Lee. tell him i sent you, that should get you hooked up ;)
necromancer Saturday 11/15/2008 at 05:47 AM | 23689
cool....thanks!
ny ghoul Saturday 11/15/2008 at 04:31 PM | 23711
please keep us updated on what happens because i dont want tools like that on our auction te
Johnny Bisco Sunday 11/16/2008 at 05:02 PM | 23799
Let the Power of Horrorbid Compell his ass!--Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 11/16/2008 at 06:15 PM | 23807
nothing yet...tomorrow Im calling his town's police department. Im still holding out hope.
ny ghoul Sunday 11/16/2008 at 10:17 PM | 23850
Kid lives like 20 minutes from me...Lookin into finding out who he is and hopefully he will come get a tattoo.... so I can tattoo a giant dick with wings on him! What an asshole. Still lookin

out for him Ghoul!

Do you need the number for Sylvester police?

229-776-8501
href="http://www.myspace.com/nitemares1031">http://www.myspace.com/nitemares1031
Anonymous Tuesday 11/18/2008 at 04:17 PM | 24240
Kid lives like 20 minutes from me...Lookin into finding out who he is and hopefully he will come get a tattoo.... so I can tattoo a giant dick with wings on him! What an asshole.

LMAO...

kweandee Tuesday 11/18/2008 at 05:47 PM | 24245
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one bro! thanks for the # for the police there.
ny ghoul Tuesday 11/18/2008 at 06:16 PM | 24246
update?
Anonymous Friday 11/21/2008 at 01:08 AM | 24878
whats up everyone.....ok so after weeks of emails and pms to the dudes myspace (thanks glockink!) I get an email from the guy. I dont want to disclose too much yet but he says hes going to "try" and see what happened at his PO. In the meantime I did report it with the USPS (good thing i got a USPS money order) and he'll be in some trouble if I call his local police. im giving him til Monday.
ny ghoul Saturday 11/22/2008 at 04:46 AM | 25061
YAY! Kick his friggin ass! He still gets a penis with wings tattoo.
Anonymous Sunday 11/23/2008 at 02:54 PM | 25123
YAY! Kick his friggin ass! He still gets a penis with wings tattoo.

NICE! haha
Evildsm Sunday 11/23/2008 at 10:30 PM | 25153
Well.....another update! Supposedly after "tracking" the parcel the dude tells me that my stuff is at some PO in Ohio. It'll take a week to get to him and then he'll mail asap.......stay tuned! my fingers are crossed but I dont wanna get too worked up and then get burned again. It would sting even more this time!
ny ghoul Monday 11/24/2008 at 02:43 AM | 25191
Did you get you stuff?
Anonymous Monday 12/01/2008 at 11:15 PM | 26334
not yet.......the latest story was that it was going to take a week and a half to get from Ohio back to him. Then he'd ship to me. He's lying. If he had a tracking number he would have shared it with me. I'll wait til the end of the week just incase some Xmas miracle turns out but I doubt it. I'll let you guys know whats up.
ny ghoul Tuesday 12/02/2008 at 02:27 AM | 26385