Forums Horror Movie Talk
News On Kevin Smith's Newest Controversial Horror Project Besides TUSK

Kevin Smith possibly has his eye on the Horror genre once again, however this go around it looks to have the comedy mixture approach. His current Horror project TUSK stars Justin Long and is about a determined journalist who finds the story of a lifetime in Mr. Howe who is a worldwide adventurer with amazing tales and has a thing for walruses. That idea alone sounds way out there but this possible new project HELENA HANDBASKET appears to be even more colorful as "mankind will be teaming up with Hell to save existence from extinction at the hands of a Rapturing giant Jesus."

From Kevin Smith's facebook page:

"The idea is to, once again, take an episode of SModcast and turn it into a movie. It's worked out quite nicely with TUSK (thanks largely to the cast, the crew and the good folks at Demarest and at a24, who'll be releasing the flick this fall), so I wanna see if I can do it again. Granted, this time the plot of the movie concerns mankind teaming up with Hell to save existence from extinction at the hands of a Rapturing giant Jesus - which means the budget has to be LOW, because NOBODY'S gonna wanna make that movie. At all. And I know this going in, so I won't be heartbroken if it never goes beyond the script. But... if the script is funny enough? Who knows? That walrus movie seemed pretty daffy and far-fetched until we were standing on the TUSK set bringing that shit to life four months and change after first making it up in episode 259 of SModcast."

Word is that Smith will be shooting CLERKS III in May so who knows if HELENA HANDBASKET will ever be made.

Smith's current Horror film TUSK is now in post production.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 12/31/2013 at 07:57 PM | 102497