Forums Horror Movie Talk
Big News On The Planned Huge Ending To The PARANORMAL ACTIVITY Franchise!

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES was released into theaters this past weekend and it did fairly well hitting the number two spot and raking in $18 million. The PARANORMAL ACTIVITY franchise itself has now successfully put out 5 movies to it's credit over the last 7 years. A PARANORMAL ACTIVITY part 5 is slated to be in theaters this coming October. It seems as every new film unfolds, it unveils new mystery to the story keeping us all guessing with the question what it is all leading to?

Director Chistopher Landon talked with SlashFilm recently and leaked out that the gang which includes creator Oren Peli, producer Jason Blum and himself have concocted an ending to the franchise which be huge.

Landon stated:

"We’ve always been looking ahead. I’ll say this much. There is a very specific end goal and I’m hoping we have enough time in the franchise to get there. We have a really big idea that’s at the finish line but we need time to get there. So we’re hoping the fans keep coming back and allow us to get them there."

He was asked about the PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES ending being a hint of what is to come and he shared:

"The beginning of that started in Oren’s movie. I don’t think Oren realized it then, because when he made the first movie it felt like a stand alone movie, but then when we started making 2 and we started to see the potential and possibility there for a franchise, that’s when the real think tank element came in to play and we really started to throw out crazy ideas. Then, over the course of the last couple movies, we came to a really good, interesting place."

This is very interesting news as it raises many questions like what could this ending be? How much further down the road will the franchise reach? We will keep our ears open leading up to October when PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5 hits theaters.

Source- SlashFilm
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/07/2014 at 03:41 PM | 102505