Forums Off Topic
why the username?

how and why did you pick your username? i have been ung oldskool for a long time now. i am an old soul and i tend to be into older horror rather than the newer stuff. i just see a lot of cool names and wondered how you picked yours.
oldskool Thursday 11/13/2008 at 01:33 AM | 23435
very cool topic, thanks for posting this up!

I came up with Dashape80 in 1998 when I set up my first aol e-mail account (which I still use today).

H20 was coming out and I was also in the middle of a video project (that involved Michael Myers) so I was in the Halloween mood.

I wanted "TheShape80" but "the" had obviously already been taken.

So I settled on Dashape80.I use dashape80 for just about everything (almost everything for you hackers out there who think they are getting into my bank accounts now).
DaShape Thursday 11/13/2008 at 01:38 AM | 23436
great topic. I would love to know where some of the names come from. I was always called "boo" growing up. I was always a huge horror nut and my family just came up with the nickname at a very early age. Most of my family call me that still. When I began this online horror journey back in the late 90's on the HMA and other tes I used just boo for a short while and for some reason everyone called me booman. So it kind of stuck so and when I got back into the online scene last year I figured I wouldn't ruin a good nick name so I stuck with it. The rest is history.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 01:59 AM | 23439
Yeah. The "Booman" messege board.

SithLord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:02 AM | 23442
Yeah. The "Booman" messege board.thats right Chris. I forgot you knew me from back then right?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:09 AM | 23443
Yep. MMP.
SithLord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:12 AM | 23444
Well for me I've been ung kweandee nce I was about 16 years old...lol An old friend of mine was actually the one who gave me that nickname and it stuck. Ade from Des that was what all of my friends called me, how they stored me in their phones, tagged me up (most kids did that shit don't lie...lol), etc. It became my aol screen name and eventually my user name for damn near everything...still is as long as it'a available of course.

I've never seen any reason to change it...once you've used the same nickname/user name long enough it becomes just as much a part of you as your actual name.

kweandee Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:18 AM | 23445
Im a huge Freddy Krueger fan and my favorite number 4653, so just do the math
krueger4653 Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:22 AM | 23446
Yep. MMP.

Ahhhh the old MMP message board. Man I can barley remember those days. Were you ung thLord back then?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:27 AM | 23447

LOL...
kweandee Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:28 AM | 23448

No. Lot's of names were used back then. It wasn't a board like this one. You could make up any ole name you wanted.
SithLord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:32 AM | 23449
first initial...middle initial...last name...I don't see the need to hide behind a pseudonym
lblambert Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:33 AM | 23450

No. Lot's of names were used back then. It wasn't a board like this one. You could make up any ole name you wanted.

Ohhh I remember (Gary changed tes like I change shirts) so I couldn't remember which one you were talking about. That was the old Boardhost board he ran where you had to type in your user name on every post. Man those days were good and sucked at the same time!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:35 AM | 23451
first initial...middle initial...last name...I don't see the need to hide behind a pseudonym

yeah you with a nick name? Yukon!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:36 AM | 23452

yeah you with a nick name? Yukon!Who was the one who decided I needed a nick name? Jughead!

lblambert Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:38 AM | 23453
Yeah, I must have been banned over 20 times on that te. But in the end, the force came through for me.

SithLord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:41 AM | 23454

yeah you with a nick name? Yukon!Who was the one who decided I needed a nick name? Jughead!well I walked right into that one....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 02:49 AM | 23455
Well for me, I think most of everyone already knows why my name is what it is. For those who don't know, It is the Killer in "My Bloody Valentine". Very goot Clasc 80's Slasher and remains as one of my favorites right along de the Icons... The "~" on both des just kinda looked kool so I kept them... I would have posted the nickname I've had for a while now, but felt I would get laughed at being a Noob when I first started out... My good friends call me Titty... lmao... I can't even remembe how that came about...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 11/13/2008 at 03:14 AM | 23460
I got mine in junior high.

One day in phys ed we were jumping on a trampoline.

Of course this was way back when kids were still allowed to have fun, and teachers didn't have to worry about being sued every other day.

One of my buddies said I looked like one of the gummi bears from the cartoon that was around at that time.

Needless to say I was a "big boned" child.Anyway, the name stuck and I've used it as my screen name ever nce.
gummi Thursday 11/13/2008 at 10:31 AM | 23465
My good friends call me Titty... lmao... I can't even remembe how that came about...

--Ryanprobably because of those pics with caseys keychains...................
Johnny Bisco Thursday 11/13/2008 at 01:18 PM | 23469
my nickname is my stage name i have been ung with my band for years, as to where it came from? well lets just say it comes from an evening with a stripper who worked at a gentlemans club called you guessed it Bisco's Gentlemans Club
Johnny Bisco Thursday 11/13/2008 at 01:23 PM | 23471
My good friends call me Titty... lmao... I can't even remembe how that came about...

--RyanLMAO...before or after the keychain incident? :)
kweandee Thursday 11/13/2008 at 05:42 PM | 23488
I replied to this earlier... But my post has disappeared... So I will go again... Mine came from a happy accident, I was in Japan while in the Navy and had to come up with a screen name for a Yahoo email account... So I thought that nce I was an artist that I should do something that reflected that.

I added Dark to the beginning of it, as most of my art tends to be morbid...

But DarkArtist was taken by some other guy, so I added my birth year to the end.

Hence, DarkArtist81.

I used this same ID on several forums and once I started making figures I decided to keep it that way in every forum for continuity's sake.

I dropped the 81 when it came time to name my te and store... Became DarkArtist Productions.

DarkArtist81 Thursday 11/13/2008 at 08:48 PM | 23505
I replied to this earlier... But my post has disappeared... So I will go again...Same here....

My last name is Stovall.

I've been called Snoball or Snow all my life.

Snoball had already been taken on just about every forum I tried to join, so I just added a "z" to the end.
Snoballz Thursday 11/13/2008 at 10:26 PM | 23532
Yeah sorry guys our webte transfer finally happened last night. Some posts may have been made during the transfer and thus lost. Sorry about that. Thanks for re-posting these....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 10:29 PM | 23534
my nickname is my stage name i have been ung with my band for years, as to where it came from? well lets just say it comes from an evening with a stripper who worked at a gentlemans club called you guessed it Bisco's Gentlemans Club

I love naked women
SithLord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 10:33 PM | 23535
mine has nothing to do with horror, but all with wrestling...

it all began one cold and dark and story night, lol

no back then i would say oh god, 1998?

i grew up watching the wwf now wwe for people that know that, for those that don't there was a wreslting group that was formed called "d-generation X" or "dx" for short... they were big in the scene for some time, they dissapeared for a bit then came back one day, but they weren't loved like before with the crowd, they were now the bad guys, and i had sworn to never like them after that day. and dx-h8r-4-life was born, and this is the screenname that i use for everything on forums, to log into tes, everything!

it's dxh8r4life....
dxh8r4life Thursday 11/13/2008 at 11:00 PM | 23537
Yeah sorry guys our webte transfer finally happened last night. Some posts may have been made during the transfer and thus lost.

whew...here I was thinking I must have been hallucinating again

;)
lblambert Thursday 11/13/2008 at 11:43 PM | 23543
Yeah sorry guys our webte transfer finally happened last night. Some posts may have been made during the transfer and thus lost.

whew...here I was thinking I must have been hallucinating again

it was all a dream!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/13/2008 at 11:44 PM | 23544
mine is not really hard. i love the f-13 series and have always used pamelavoorheesRIP to give a shout out to series and i always thought people would find it funny.
pamelavoorheesRIP Thursday 11/13/2008 at 11:55 PM | 23548

i grew up watching the wwf now wwe for people that know that, for those that don't there was a wreslting group that was formed called "d-generation X" or "dx" for short...

I used to love wrestling...especially back in the days of randy savage, the ultimate warrior, hulk hogan, andre the giant, etc

kweandee Friday 11/14/2008 at 01:39 AM | 23572

i grew up watching the wwf now wwe for people that know that, for those that don't there was a wreslting group that was formed called "d-generation X" or "dx" for short... they were big in the scene for some time, they dissapeared for a bit then came back one day, but they weren't loved like before with the crowd, they were now the bad guys, and i had sworn to never like them after that day. and dx-h8r-4-life was born, and this is the screenname that i use for everything on forums, to log into tes, everything!

it's dxh8r4life.... i got two words for you......................
Johnny Bisco Friday 11/14/2008 at 12:48 PM | 23597

it's dxh8r4life.... i got two words for you......................

i used to be a huge wrestling fan, back during the attitude era. Now I just find it boring. There arent any good characters anymore.
krueger4653 Friday 11/14/2008 at 04:15 PM | 23619
AHHH!!

My post is gone!!!

LÜCKMANN = last name, that's like my father and grandfather are known all his life. It's a kind of tribute...

I thought Lee's nick the most beautiful! BooMan is like, urgh...
LÜCKMANN Friday 11/14/2008 at 08:19 PM | 23650
AHHH!!

My post is gone!!!

LÜCKMANN = last name, that's like my father and grandfather are known all his life. It's a kind of tribute...

My post disappeard also!

Boo, this forum is doing some weird things.
Evildsm Saturday 11/15/2008 at 11:14 PM | 23733
AHHH!!

My post is gone!!!

LMAO! Luckmann you devil!

My name is TOPS!

and Mike I think we got the problems fixed. It was caused by the recent transfer we went through but we should be set now....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 11/16/2008 at 04:21 AM | 23757
Yeah Mike. I was seeing that many posts have gone. Don't matter...

J, your nick is ck...
LÜCKMANN Sunday 11/16/2008 at 03:47 PM | 23787
I will go ahead and repost what my previous post said...

LOL

As many of you probably dont know, I am a Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon enthuast.

I like to tune them and race them.

With that being said, that is where my username came from.

DSM stands for Diamond Star Motors.

DSM was a sub divion that was created by Mitsubishi and Chrysler back in the early 90's.

During the DSM era, they created the cars that I love to tinker with.

The 90-99 Mitsubishi eclipse, 90-98 Eagle talon, 90-94 Plymoth Laser and the 90-92 Galant VR-4.

Unfortunately after the 99 eclipse was created, there has never been anymore DSM cars created.

Without me getting really nerdy and going into detail on the DSM scene I will go ahead and stop explaining here. LOL

Thanks for reading
Evildsm Sunday 11/16/2008 at 09:24 PM | 23837
WOW!

How many things do you collect, beyond cars and horror stuff? LOL

I really like tunning too. In fact, I played NFS only to tune the cars, take SS of them and put that on the foruns here...
LÜCKMANN Monday 11/17/2008 at 01:15 PM | 23999
Whats an SS?

You mean like a picture or somethin?
Evildsm Monday 11/17/2008 at 07:23 PM | 24060
Sorry for that. We used to say SS to Screen Shots... Very used in online games.

Same thing that print screen button...
LÜCKMANN Monday 11/17/2008 at 09:07 PM | 24068
I wasn't talkin about racing in a video game. LOL I am talkin the real deal dude.

Here is a few pics of my car.

Video of my first Autocross event.

I know its a quick video but thats all that I could find.

This was someone elses video by the way.

I just happened to find it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCF6mVU1Rr4

Link to a video of my old eclipse.

This was the day that I put the car on a Dyno. http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6249196
Evildsm Monday 11/17/2008 at 09:35 PM | 24077
KimmyBlanks is who I am of course hahaha

Kimmy is my first name and Blanks is my nickname last name!

KimmyBlanks Tuesday 11/18/2008 at 12:04 AM | 24111