Forums Horror Collectibles
QUANTUM OF SOLACE (James Bond)

I'm a big Bond fan, seen em all, own em all, love em all.

So I'm biased when it comes to this movie obviously.

Wasn't as good as Cano Royal but still a better Bond than most.If you like action then you'll LOVE this movie . .. it's 70% action.

Quick break down without too many spoilers.

This movie starts off right after the last one ended (which Bonds don't typically do this).

Bond is trying to avenge the death of Vesper Lynn (Bond chick from Cano Royal).

While doing so he uncovers a global organization called "Quantum" - (pretty much spectre from the older Connery Bonds).

The camera work is really crazy and jarring like the "Jason Bourne" films (and they should be milar . . .same guy did the cinematography for Bourne and Quantum of Solace).A de note: the actress who plays the bond babe "Camille" is Smoking Hot!!!

Also look for the tribute to the Connery Clasc "Gold Finger".

If you know your bond you'll know what I'm talking about . .. VERY COOL

Again, if you want just a hard core action film that's pretty realistic for the most part then check this out.

Needless to say, James Bond will Return.

I give this film a 'KNIVES UP'

DaShape Friday 11/14/2008 at 11:20 PM | 23668
great review Fenner as usual. I as you know am not a Bond nut not because I don't like the films, I just never watched them growing up. Sounds like a great action film though and might be worth going to see nce there is nothing else really out right now to watch....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 11/15/2008 at 12:14 AM | 23672
I've been a Bond fan nce way back, watched every film multiple times...

I loved CR and Craig is a fantastic Bond, so needless to say I was pumped about this film.

I was a bit wary, as some critics have torn it apart...

But, once the film began I was immediately hooked.

It's milar to older Bond films, with the breakneck pace and globe trotting.

Some people can say it doesn't have the character development of CR, but with all that had to be accomplished... it's understandable.

Even with the huge amount of big action set pieces and stunts, we still get a lot of character bits.When Bond is fighting his enemies in the beginning, it's character work. He's so filled with rage about what happened to Vesper that he keeps screwing up on his mison.

It's interesting to see Bond be human again, and make mistakes.

He often tries to be cold and unfeeling, but we in the audience can see through it a bit.

I hope that Craig does a lot more Bond films before he hangs up his tux, they are very enjoyable films.

QOS had some jerky camera work and fast cuts, which can sometimes be annoying... but I didn't mind all that much.

I absolutely loved this film, can't wait to catch it again.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 11/16/2008 at 03:55 PM | 23791
I used to like the 007 sequels because some strange stuff were showed on the films, to his time, as the scuba car, and some inventions that today we could see working perfectly. I'm a high tech enthuast, and the films were great to me because this. But the whole stories don't seduced me. Anyway, the most of guys who played Bond didn't have the same effect being Bond as Sean Connery do. And 21 sequels for a movie it's too much.
LÜCKMANN Monday 11/17/2008 at 01:54 PM | 24008
I cant wait to watch it. I was supposed to go this weekend BUT I got too drunk to see it.

Who would of guessed that you could turn 3 Ninjas into a drinking game and actually get really shit faced by the time the movie is over.

Evildsm Monday 11/17/2008 at 04:44 PM | 24057
I saw it this weekend, with a bunch of my friends and it was pretty cool...But the part where they catch him and he's in the elevator and he takes out those guys...I can do that.
Z willlllllllly Tuesday 11/18/2008 at 02:59 AM | 24149
I saw it this weekend, with a bunch of my friends and it was pretty cool...But the part where they catch him and he's in the elevator and he takes out those guys...I can do that.

Yeah, I love that part.

I was smiling as I was waiting for him to take them all out...

It was like...

Do you know who you have here??

It's Fucking JAMES BOND... Your asses are TOAST.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 11/23/2008 at 04:50 AM | 25107
I LOVE the Bond series....I'll go see them all; there have been a few clunkers but usually you're guaranteed a wild ride. Quantum didnt disapoint. I took my son and we had a GREAT time! CK cars; fight sequences.....locations to die for. it was a lot of fun. I was happy to see there wasnt an overly done romance either. Killer film. Loved it.
ny ghoul Monday 11/24/2008 at 02:46 AM | 25193
^^^^Thats good to hear.

I will hopefully get around to watching it this weekend.
Evildsm Tuesday 11/25/2008 at 04:28 PM | 25451
just saw it last night and loved it!
misfit Saturday 11/29/2008 at 07:28 PM | 25999