Forums Television
News On The Upcoming WALKING DEAD Spin-Off Plus More!

THE WALKING DEAD continues to grab and hold audiences attention, keeping us on a steady diet of an apocalyptic world that takes the time to iron out well designed stories along with nail biting moments of possible death lurking at every corner. It's easy to see why we keep coming back for more.

There has been much talk about THE WALKING DEAD spin-off with many people under the assumption that it could be a prequel of sorts. This of course is not confirmed but recently showrunner Scott Gimple spoke out about the spin-off saying:

"I have little to do with the spinoff… This I do know. It’s set in the world of The Walking Dead but from what I understand, it’s not like Daryl’s cousin or anything… I would never say never [to a crossover between the shows] because if I was a viewer I would say that sounds awesome. But we’re doing our own show.

I also think a crossover might be tough because it would take a lot of [license] within the comic story. We’ll see. When we get to all-out war, who knows? We’ll add another faction. It’ll be the Saviors and the Hilltop and the ‘Spin-offers’."

Not long ago we reported that WALKING DEAD producer David Alpert revealed that TWD crew has ideas penciled in all of the way up until a possible 12th season.

Regarding that Gimple had the following to say:

"I would say ‘Yes’ [there is an end-game]. I actually don’t like spoiling myself on the comic. I read it as I go. Robert’s offered to tell me the whole thing so I get general aspects of it. I know the emotional end game of the show but there’s practical aspects, I want to keep with the comic. With these characters, you definitely have to think of the emotional endgame and that is very much a part of where I’m headed. But I want to have the flexibility to change the practicals with the comic and I don’t want Robert to spoil the whole series for me."

AMC will be airing a WALKING DEAD marathon beginning on July 4th. The show is also currently available on Netflix.

Be sure and tune in to AMC July 6th at 9pm for a special first look at THE WALKING DEAD Season 5 hosted by Chris Hardwick and guest Aisha Tyler.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 7/01/2014 at 06:19 AM | 102718