Forums Television
First Set Images Emerge From AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW - NPH To Join The Cast? More Within!

AMERICAN HORROR STORY has become a very hot topic. The show's popularity continues to expand more and more with each passing season and anyone who has seen the show knows exactly why. The fourth Season titled AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW is preparing to take us all to new places and we recently found out that Sarah Paulson will be returning to portray two characters, the duel headed freak Dot and Bette as she tweeted out a teaser image. Plus we know that the show will include a killer clown in some type of fashion, with rumors of a bearded lady as well. Season 4 will revolve around a traveling freak show. That alone is enough to kick the curiosity into high gear.

With production underway, the show's creator Ryan Murphy tweeted the very first imagery from the set of AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW (see below). The first b&w image is of the back of Sarah Paulson's conjoined twins characters sitting down. The plan for her two characters is to use a combination of both CGI as well as the use of practical effects when able.

Above is the image that Sarah Paulson shared a little while back teasing her new characters.

The second b&w image that was revealed from the set is yet another from behind shot of actor Michael Chiklis. Most people know him best from his work on The Shield. As for his role on AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW he is set to be portraying the freak show’s Strongman. To help boost the drama Chiklis' character is the ex-husband of Kathy Bates' character and is currently married to Angela Bassett's character on the show.

In some other news pertaining to AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW, Neil Patrick Harris could be joining the cast. NPH mentioned during an appearance on EW Radio that he had asked Ryan Murphy to be a part of the fourth season saying:

“I wrote a letter to Ryan asking if I can be in it, even though I wasn't even available to be in it,” Harris admitted. “To do one that involves any kind of freak, circus nonsense is going to be so unsettling to watch. Can't wait!”

Ryan Murphy took to Twitter on Friday expressing his interest in possibly having NPH on board with the show saying:

"Of course you can be on Freak Show! I have a role I think you'd love."

Harris has yet to respond. Who knows, since How I Met Your Mother recently wrapped Harris' schedule could be open for a part. We will continue to keep our ears open on if Harris will have any involvement with the show.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW will be made up of Jessica Lange (said to be her last season), Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Frances Conroy, Michael Chiklis, Denis O’Hare, Wes Bentley and Emma Roberts. We will keep our ears open for anymore Neal Patrick Harris possibly being part of the cast news.

The fourth season will be set in Jupiter, Florida and be centered around one of the few remaining freak shows of the 1950s as its members do anything to keep the business alive. The season will focus on the conflict between the freaks and the evil forces who do not understand them.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW airs on FX this fall. The Halloween episodes are said to air Oct. 21st and 28th.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 7/20/2014 at 01:02 AM | 102737