Forums Horror Movie News
Finally Some News On The Upcoming Reboot Of PET SEMETARY!

It has been nearly a year now since there has been any news on the reboot of Stephen King’s PET SEMETARY. Many directors naturally wanted to work on this project once it became apparent that Paramount was seeking someone for the job. The choice was finally made to bring Juan Carlos Fresnadillo in to direct the film.

With all of the time that has passed by without any word, it would be easy to assume that nothing is being done with PET SEMETARY, but that is not the case at all.

DC spoke with screenwriter Jeff Buhler who is working on the film and he had this to say about the PET SEMETARY reboot:

"I’ve been working with Juan Carlos on his rebooted, re-imagined version... Paramount had a script from Matt Greenburg and then brought Juan Carlos on, and they were looking to do some work on the script, and then I came in. Juan Carlos and I collaborated on a new outline for the film, Paramount loved our pitch, and I’ve been writing the first draft of the script. It’s very exciting."

On how this film will reflect the book and the previous two films:

"We are being very respectful to the book and we are not tying ourselves to anything in the first two films at all. We are [also] bringing in some fresh elements that speak to the spirit of the story that aren’t in either one.”

He continues:

"Juan Carlos and I have been working very closely from the beginning so I think the process will be very quick. It’s not going to be one of those situations where there’s a script that the studio likes but then they bring on a director who has a bunch of new ideas and then it goes back into the scripting process for another six months. Because we are doing everything with the director from the beginning, hopefully we won’t be far from where we need to be [with the first draft] when we are done.”

Buhler also made mention that they are not concerned at this point about whether the film would be a PG-13 or an R rating. He also plans to have the latest draft finished by the time summer ends. We will continue to bring you more on this story.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 8/11/2014 at 08:54 PM | 102770