Forums Horror Movie News
THE STAND Remake Update!

The remake of the apocalyptic tale that is THE STAND has been brewing for quite a while now. Some time ago we found out that the new adaptation of Stephen King's novel gained a new director in Josh Boone. He was also given the task of handling the script rewriting duties. He said that “we’re gonna do one three-hour, R-rated version with an amazing A-list cast across the board." Rumor is that Matthew McConaughey could be portraying villain Randall Flagg.

With Warner Bros. gearing things up, Boone gave quite the update on THE STAND project as he spoke to Collider saying:

"I finished writing the script maybe a month ago. Stephen [King] absolutely loved it. It’s, I think, the first script ever approved by him. [It'll be] a single version movie of The Stand. Three hours. It hews very closely to the novel."

He continued:

“It’s not a book where you have to generate new material and make it work for a movie. He writes so cinematically and his characters are so sharply drawn, you don’t have to change much… I just made it work within the confines of what a single film can be.”

In regards to the mass of story to be told, Boone explains how he will fit it all into one 3 hour film:

“The Stand is about so many things - you could make ten to fifteen different movies and focus on a different aspect of it… I just focused on the things that I felt strongly about, that I have strong memories about, that are evocative to me even when I read it now.”

When asked when filming is expected to begin he stated:

“It takes a long time to prep a film like that. Six to eight months. I don’t imagine we would shoot the movie until next spring at the earliest, and we’re still early in the process. I’m still meeting actors and having budget meetings and all that.”

We will continue to follow more on THE STAND.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 9/11/2014 at 06:28 PM | 102834