Forums Horror Movie News
Rob Zombie Offers New Insight Into His Upcoming Horror Flick 31!

Rob Zombie continues to grab the attention of the Horror community. His newest project 31 is being funded by the fans and the setting of the story will indeed take place around Halloween. We have been getting little teases here and there from Zombie in the form of concept art, (See Previous Coverage Here). Now Zombie has decided to open up a bit about his upcoming flick.

In a recent interview with Loudwire, Zombie spoke out about 31. When he was asked about the number of Heads (the villains) that there are, he replied:

"I don’t know off the top of my head, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… 5 or 6, I guess. [Laughs]"

In the story, the rules of Murder World are that people are kidnapped and have to fight and survive the Heads for a 12 hour time period. When asked about the way that these killer clowns would be shelled out Zombie replied:

"The way it plays out in the movie, is each one is released one at a time. So maybe one can kill everybody or if that one fails, the next one could be released. It’s like, you’re in the arena and they keep releasing a fresh lion after the old lion dies. I just wanted it to be this relentless… I don’t know where the idea came from, but it’s like, not really the most dangerous game, but on some level it kind of is with the hunting humans aspect. I like simple premisses that are just relentless."

On what the arena would be like for these victims:

"It’s not really an arena. Five people are all taken at one time and wake up in this place, they don’t know where they are. It’s a giant abandoned something, some sort of structure that they can’t get out of. Next thing they know, the rules of the game are explained and then it happens. They don’t even know what the f**k is going on. Suddenly it’s from everything’s fine, then BOOM, kidnapped into the middle of complete insanity until the movie ends."

When asked if we would see Sid Haig in this film:

"Not that I know of. Unfortunately for Sid, and me, he’s so identifiable as the Clown from two of my films. It’d be like if Christopher Reeve played Batman, like, that’s f–king Superman! Who am I kidding? I wont say yes or no, but I don’t think he would make sense as yet another clown. [Laughs] But who knows? You ever know what happens."

In another recent interview with AITH Zombie spoke about the tone of the film saying:

"Right now it's pretty nasty, that was sort of what I wanted to do. That's what I feel most comfortable with; it's not like THE DEVIL'S REJECTS, but it's more in that vibe, that nasty factor, maybe even more so. Whereas LORDS OF SALEM was more of a surreal, trippy movie, this is not like that at all. Very rough, in-your-face type of film."

On what the personalities of these killer Clowns might be:

"I like having villains who have big personalities, because I find they're more engaging. I don't think they're likable [laughs] - it's not like how Captain Spaulding is likable. These guys have charismatic personalities, but they're about as far from likable as you can get. But who knows, I didn't think some of the other characters from my films would be seen as likable, but people seem to love them, so I don't really know. [Laughs] They're really violent and they all have big mouths."

Regarding casting so far:

"I have a bunch of people I want to approach, a bunch of people I want to talk to, but I can't really talk about it because it's not really fair to the actors to be throwing their names around, but yeah, there are some people. Some I've talked to, some I haven't, so we'll see where it goes. It all comes down to scheduling, that's always the issue with these things."

We will continue to bring you the best in Horror Movie/Horror TV News.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 10/22/2014 at 09:41 PM | 102916