Forums Horror Movie News
Major Insight Into The POLTERGEIST Remake Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The new POLTERGEIST movie will be a new take on the original as a family called the Bowens are struggling to make ends meet relocate to an outdated suburban home and are confronted by an angry spirit. Then the youngest child is kidnapped by the spirit which challenges them to band together to rescue the kid from the clutches of evil. We also know that the film will be rated PG-13.

Sam Rockwell, who stars in the film, recently spoke with Collider about the upcoming remake. When he was asked if he had seen any footage from the movie he replied:

“I’ve seen a little in looping. I hope it’s good. I really don’t know. I really wish I could tell you. I’m praying that it’s – I mean, it’s gonna be hard to live up to the first one. The first one’s pretty damn good. This one’s gonna be in 3D though, I can tell you that.”

One of the differences in the upcoming remake is:

"The 10 year old boy is really the protagonist this time. JoBeth Williams was the protagonist for the most part in the first one and now the kid, it’s really through his point of view. So it’s more of a kids’ movie so I don’t know if it’s gonna be like rated-R scary.”

On what can we expect from this film:

“It’s not like Conjuring type of scary. You know, it’s a different kind of movie. It’s more of an adventure. It’s essentially a child abduction film when you come down to it. I mean, the original Poltergeist is too.”

There you have it. From what Rockwell had to say, it appears that the POLTERGEIST remake will have a much lighter feel to it versus the original.

Starring in the parent roles are Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt who play the Bowens. The children of the family will be played by Saxon Sharbino, Kennedi Clements, and Kyle Catlett. Jane Adams will be portraying a parapsychologist who comes in to try and help the Bowen family. Jared Harris will be playing a star from a television show called Haunted House Cleaners. Gil Kenan will be directing the film. Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, and Roy Lee are producing.

POLTERGEIST will hit theaters July 24th, 2015.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/15/2015 at 07:45 PM | 103090