Forums Horror Movie News
Director Paul Feig Gives Us New Info On 3rd GHOSTBUSTERS Film!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

It wasn't long ago that we brought you GHOSTBUSTERS news from the fallout of the Sony email hack which revealed that many big names are interested in the possible dominant female cast of GHOSTBUSTERS 3, which is to be directed by Paul Feig. To read that coverage CLICK HERE.

Feig has revealed more information pertaining to the new GHOSTBUSTERS film in his latest interview with Empire.

In regards to him taking on the new film with a dominant female cast he says:

“A lot of people ask why I didn’t create my own thing, but Ghostbusters never ran out of steam, it’s such a great idea, It’s such a fun franchise so why not bring it to a new generation? The old movie is never going to not exist. It’s not my plan to erase every copy! Hopefully they can all live together.”

On the rumors going around of Melissa McCarthy playing a major role in the new film:

“It came out publically that we’re in talks with Melissa but there’s a lot to work out."

If the new GHOSTBUSTERS movie will acknowledge the previous ones?

“We’re not recreating the old movie, but we want to do just enough fun nods that the fans will go, ‘Oh, okay, they’re acknowledging that the other movie existed.’ I like to watch parodies, but I don’t want to do them because they’re too referential. Comedy that’s too referential has such a short shelf life, whereas comedy that’s based around characters will be relatable 2000 years from now because people won’t change that much.”

On if we can expect the setting to still be in NYC?

"To me it’s such a New York movie and the biggest sin would be to pull it out of there. I just love New York and, selfishly, I just want to shoot in New York.”

We will continue to bring you more on the new GHOSTBUSTERS film as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/16/2015 at 07:59 PM | 103092