Forums Horror Movie News
Update On THE CONJURING 2!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

2013 saw the release of THE CONJURING which became a mega hit for New Line, so much so that it produced the spinoff ANNABELLE which opened in theaters back in October to great success as well.

THE CONJURING 2 was originally set to hit theaters on October 23rd 2015 but then the film was pushed back until 2016 and that slot was replaced with an untitled New Line Horror film. The reason for that change is to accommodate the return of James Wan, who was officially named Director for the sequel.

With Wan having been busy with FURIOUS 7, he seems eager to return to Horror to continue the story that he started. Speaking with Collider Wan says:

“I’ve been working very heavily on the script, and the idea of continuing the saga of Ed and Lorraine Warren is actually very exciting. So the idea of going back to kind of nurture my baby that I created is part of the reason why I’m going back to do The Conjuring 2. And in some ways it’ll be like a holiday break for me after this film.”

As for how the inspiration hit for the sequel Wan previously stated:

“It was during the editing of Fast & Furious 7 that my brain started sparking ideas for The Conjuring sequel. Taking a break from horror has allowed me to be creatively rejuvenated. I’m excited to tell the story of the next case-file of Ed & Lorraine Warren and expand on this world we’ve created.”

The script for THE CONJURING 2 was first written by Carey and Chad Hayes with Eric Heisserer coming to make changes as needed. Writer David Leslie Johnson (ORPHAN and WRATH OF THE TITANS) has the task of rewriting the screenplay. Johnson is also known for his work on AMC's THE WALKING DEAD.

Back in November THR reported that the sequel possibly could have the title of THE CONJURING 2: THE ENFIELD POLTERGEIST which refers to a paranormal case that took place in London England. This however has still not officially been confirmed.

Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga are set for the sequel to reprise their roles as Ed and Lorraine Warren. Filming is expected to begin this summer sometime.

The official release date for THE CONJURING 2 will be June 10, 2016.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 3/24/2015 at 06:20 PM | 103233