Forums Horror Movie News
Huge News: The Next Pennywise Has Been Found!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Back in May of last year we learned that the new adaptation of Stephen King's IT had relocated from Warner Bros. over to New Line Cinema. With Cary Fukunaga in the director's chair, the planned two-film project continues to move forward.

English actor Will Poulter has been chosen to take on the iconic role of Pennywise The Clown in the upcoming remake of Stephen King’s Horror classic IT.

Poulter is best known for playing his role as Kenny in WE'RE THE MILLERS and also his role as Gally, the Glade's enforcer from MAZE RUNNER.

It is greatly expected that Poulter will appear in both IT films, which already have been written by Fukunaga and Chase Palmer.

Fukunaga also first considered older actors for the role of Pennywise as Mark Rylance and Ben Mendelsohn were looked at, but in the end the much younger Poulter was the one that received the part.

Producer Seth Grahame-Smith previously spoke about the upcoming project saying:

"I think that if anything, [the new film] will bring back some of the viciousness of the book that they couldn’t do with the miniseries because it was for broadcast... I think it’s going to be very scary..."

Director Cary Fukunaga previously stated about IT:

“I’ve been in this project for about five years.I had already read versions of the script but nothing felt right. Everybody tried to put too much into it, telling it from the perspective of the adult and the child in a two hour movie. It didn’t fit. So I decided to throw it all away and start from scratch. This will be my first movie in the US and I’m still trying to find the perfect guy to play Pennywise. It’s really good to know Stephen [King] likes what we did. We (Fukunaga and writers David Kajganich and Chase Palmer) changed names, dates (the story is originally set in the 60′s) dynamics, but the spirit is similar to what he’d like to see in cinemas, I think.”

Synopsis:

"It’s a small city, a place as hauntingly familiar as your own hometown. Only in Derry the haunting is real… They were seven teenagers when they first stumbled upon the horror. Now they are grown-up men and women who have gone out into the big world to gain success and happiness. But none of them can withstand the force that has drawn them back to Derry to face the nightmare without an end, and the evil without a name."

Principal photography for IT will indeed begin this June in New York.

We will bring you the latest on the new adaptation of Stephen King's IT as it continues to unfold.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 5/05/2015 at 08:18 AM | 103325