Forums Television
News On THE X-FILES Return To Television Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The whole world has been talking about the return of THE X-FILES. It is hard not become filled with excitement as we can only wonder what adventures await us as the journey will continue on for Agents Mulder and Scully.

What does the returning David Duchovny think of the new script for the show? He recently spoke with EW saying:

“I just read it about an hour ago and I started crying reading the first page. It was just so strange to see the names on the page. It had nothing to do with the script itself. It was just like, I’d been talking about this for a long time. We’d been planning it for a long time. It took a long time to get all the people in the same place and get the deal with Fox. So let’s say two years we’ve been talking about doing it. Now it’s the fun part. Now we actually get to do it. That was nice and strangely emotional for me, and I’ll have to figure out how to use that [in the performance].”

Six episodes are currently planned, but many are wondering if that will mark the end of THE X-FILES? Here is what Duchovny had to say about it:

“I would be open to doing another cycle,” Duchovny said. “I don’t know that I could do a 20-episode version of this show at this point in my life, and I don’t know that Gillian could. But I think everybody is open ended on what happens after this. Certainly, we didn’t bring it back with the idea of ending it.”

Gillian Anderson will return alongside Duchovny with James Wong and Glen Morgan also returning as writer/producers.

Creator Chris Carter, who will oversee the new episodes previously had this to say:

"I think of it as a 13-year commercial break. The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

THE X-FILES will officially begin shooting in Vancouver where it originally began on June 8th and continue on until August 14th. Fox will debut THE X-FILES behind the NFC Championship game on Sunday, January 24th. The show will continue on the following night in it's regular Monday night 8pm timeslot in the place of GOTHAM.

We will continue to bring you more on THE X-FILES as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 6/01/2015 at 04:44 PM | 103382