Forums Horror Movie News
Fresh News On The BIG TROUBLE IN CHINA Remake!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA is a 1986 sci-fi/action film that was directed by the legendary John Carpenter. The film stared Kurt Russell, Kim Cattrall, Dennis Dun and James Hong. It told the story of Jack Burton, played by Russell, who helps his friend Wang Chi rescue Wang's green-eyed fiancee from bandits in San Francisco's Chinatown. They go into the mysterious underworld beneath Chinatown, where they face an ancient sorcerer named David Lo Pan.

Just last week we learned the big news that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in negotiations to star and produce a remake of BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. He plans to play the part of all-American trucker Jack Burton.

John Carpenter himself replied to the announcement with the words, "No harm, no foul."

This past weekend at the Spike TV Guy's Choice Awards EW was able to speak with Johnson about the upcoming project saying:

"I loved the original when I was younger and I loved the main character – all the characters. It felt like if we surrounded ourselves with the right group of people, the right writers who loved the movie too and wanted to honor it, bring on John Carpenter in some capacity ... If we did that, then we have a shot at hopefully making something good."

Bringing in Carpenter would be a huge plus, however it has not yet been made clear if he will decide to join in on the fun.

Johnson assured fans that there would be nothing but respect for the film, even going as far as to say:

"If the whole thing starts to stink up, then we thank everybody for their efforts and accept this just couldn’t make it."

The idea includes having Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, who wrote X-MEN: FIRST CLASS to pen this new vision of the madness that goes on in the fictional underworld of San Francisco's Chinatown.

Johnson and his 7 Bucks Entertainment producing partners pitched their idea for the remake to Fox who were responsible for releasing the original classic.

We will continue to bring you more on this story as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 6/08/2015 at 05:06 PM | 103396