Forums Horror Movie News
John Carpenter Talks His Involvement with The BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA Remake!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA is a 1986 sci-fi/action film that was directed by the legendary John Carpenter. The film stared Kurt Russell, Kim Cattrall, Dennis Dun and James Hong. It told the story of Jack Burton, played by Russell, who helps his friend Wang Chi rescue Wang's green-eyed fiancee from bandits in San Francisco's Chinatown. They go into the mysterious underworld beneath Chinatown, where they face an ancient sorcerer named David Lo Pan.

A few weeks ago we learned the big news that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in negotiations to star and produce a remake of BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. Just last week Johnson stated that he wanted to bring on John Carpenter in some capacity.

With Johnson set to take on the role of Jack Burton, he does look to be wanting to stay true to the fans of the original as he himself is a big fan of the film.

The Wall Street Journal spoke with John Carpenter recently and when asked about the upcoming remake he replied:

"It’s very early in the process. I haven’t spoken to Dwayne Johnson about any of this.”

As for how Carpenter feels about the project he tells TWJ:

"I’m ambivalent about a remake... On the other hand, it depends on how much they pay me.”

Carpenter is no stranger to having his films remade and seems to be familiar with how that machine operates. He has an executive producer slot on the proposed ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake.

The idea of the remake includes having Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, who wrote X-MEN: FIRST CLASS to pen this new vision of the madness that goes on in the fictional underworld of San Francisco's Chinatown.

Johnson and his 7 Bucks Entertainment producing partners pitched their idea for the remake to Fox who were responsible for releasing the original classic.

We will continue to bring you more on this story as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 6/15/2015 at 04:40 PM | 103412