Forums Television
Robert Kirkman Reveals The Ending Of THE WALKING DEAD?

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

THE WALKING DEAD Season 6 Comic-Con trailer recently hit the scene (see below) and really raised the stakes for the upcoming season. We saw Rick dealing with a lot of the residents of Alexandria questioning his decisions along with loads of bloody action and wonder. Plus with the spin-off show FEAR THE WALKING DEAD set to premiere August 23rd, and the continuing existance of the comics, things are really cooking for this particular apocalyptic world more so than ever.

Creator of THE WALKING DEAD Robert Kirkman recently went on Marc Maron's WTF podcast saying the following about the show:

"It’s a very popular show, and [the executives at AMC] seem to want it to go for 50 seasons. And it may go for 50 seasons, but there is definitely an end point at some point. The idea is that this story that’s longer than it has any business being, but it’s that length and watching those characters evolve over that time that’s gonna make it be this piece, that when it’s all done, you’ll look back on it and be like ‘what the hell, I thought they were just killing zombies. There’s totally an arc here and a thing going on, and I didn’t think the story was about this!'

When asked if we would ever see civilization solve the zombie outbreak Kirkman replied:

"Maybe. You never know. I do hope that The Walking Dead goes on long enough that when it ends, it’s like, ‘good thing we took care of those zombies."

He continues:

"People talk about how The Walking Dead’s very bleak, and if you take a certain cross-section of the story, yeah, it’s horrible. People [are] getting their loved ones eaten and they’re having a horrible time. But I see the story from beginning to end, over many, many years, so I think it’s a very hopeful story about humanity overcoming this insurmountable, apocalyptic situation … it’s just gonna take them a long time to do it."

THE WALKING DEAD stars Andrew Lincoln as Rick, Chandler Riggs as Carl, Danai Gurira as Michonne, Melissa McBride as Carol, Sonequa Martin-Green as Sasha, Lauren Cohan as Maggie, Steven Yeun as Glenn, Norman Reedus as Daryl, Lennie James as Morgan, Seth Gilliam as FatherGabriel, Michael Cudlitz as Abraham, Josh McDermitt as Eugene, Alanna Masterson as Tara, Christian Serratos as Rosita, Tovah Feldshuh as Deanna, Ross Marquand as Aaron, Alexandra Breckenridge as Jesse, and Austin Nichols as Spencer.

THE WALKING DEAD Season 6 returns to AMC on October 11th.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 7/22/2015 at 07:24 PM | 103493