Forums Television
Major Details Revealed For AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HOTEL!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

It was just yesterday that we brought you the news of actress Mädchen Amick joining in on the fun of the upcoming season of AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HOTEL. With the show now set to debut on October 7th, this season looks to take on new Horror territory.

The FX Television Critics Assn. press event took place today and many new details for the upcoming season have been revealed.

Ryan Murphy says that the decision to have this season set in a Hotel was influenced by the tragic and shocking 2013 death at Los Angeles' Cecil Hotel. A woman was recorded acting odd in an elevator before being found drowned in a sealed water tank on the roof of the hotel just two weeks afterward.

This season of AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HOTEL will take place in downtown L.A. Plus Murphy once again confirmed that some characters from the past will re-emerge this season at the Hotel.

Lady Gaga will be playing the role of the Hotel owner named Elizabeth, who is a "wealthy social doyenne". Murphy says that her character is "consumed with art and fashion and people, and she has a nefarious plan that is revealed in the first episode.” He went on to add that she is bisexual and will have relationships with several other characters along the way.

Some of the cast was on hand to offer some insight into their characters.

Sarah Paulson:

“My character this year is quite dark. I think she’s sexy. She’s a drug addict, and not that drug addicts are sexy, but this girl happens to be quite sexy. She’s got a thing. I don’t think it’s like anything I’ve done on this show … I play Sally, I live at the hotel. I hate Iris in a rather ancient way for reasons that are revealed quickly. I have kind of budding something with Wes’s character. It’s sort of dark and, sorry, you don’t know this yet.”

Angela Bassett:

“I play Ramona Royale, and I’m sexy as well, yet not in a drug addicty kind of way. And I have a very strong real lasting relationship with [Lady Gaga’s] character. And my character is also this fabulous actress. I don’t live at the hotel, but I vist there a lot.”

Kathy Bates:

“I play Iris. I run the hotel. I have relationships with Matt Bomer and with Wes, and I can’t stand [Sarah Paulson], I hate you. And I don’t know yet if I get to work with Angela, I hope I do. And Liz Taylor and I have a very close relationship, and I do crossword puzzles in my spare time.”

Chloë Sevigny:

“I play Alex, and I’m the wife of Wes Bentley, and a mother and a doctor and dealing with a great loss that we had in our family and coming to grips with that, among other things.”

Matt Bomer:

“I play Donovan, who is closely associated with Ms. Gaga and Ms. Bates, and Mr. Wittrock, amongst others. And he has very interesting relationships with the lady folk in his life.”

Finn Wittrock:

“I’m playing a male model named Tristan Duffy who’s always looking for the next high. And I think he sort of finds his biggest high in Lady Gaga, and they have a lot to do together. She sees all of me.”

Cheyenne Jackson:

“Will Drake, fashion icon. He’s trying to creatively reestablish himself, so he moves from New York to Los Angeles. A father, and a little desperate.”

Denis O’Hare:

“I’m playing Liz Taylor, movie icon. I’m not actually playing Elizabeth Taylor, but I’m playing a person who is inspired by the awesomeness of things like Butterfield 8 and Cleopatra and eye makeup like that. And I shaved my head for the part and other body parts. I work in the hotel, I work with Kathy, and I work in the bar.”

Wes Bentley:

“I play Detective John Lowell, I’m married to Chloe’s character. We had a great loss in the family. Investigating some grisly murders, which somehow leads me to checking into the hotel.”

The full cast list is made up of Lady Gaga, Angela Bassett, Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson, Chloe Sevigny, Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Finn Wittrock, Emma Roberts, Max Greenfield, Evan Peters, Denis O’Hare, Lily Rabe, Naomi Campbell, Darren Criss, Helena Mattsson and Mädchen Amick.

Jessica Lange previously stated that she will not be a part of Season 5. However, in an interview with The Wrap Lange says that she would "absolutely" come back if creator Ryan Murphy offered her "a small character for a couple of episodes." She went on to say that "this was a great collaboration, so I would love to keep working with him."

As of right now Jessica Lange is not a part of the upcoming season of AHS but that all could very well change as Murphy stated at Comic-con that she could come back one day.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HOTEL will air October 7th on FX.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 8/08/2015 at 07:28 PM | 103529