Forums Horror Collectibles
One call missed

With nothing to do on saturday, I go to the rentals and randomly choose a film haven't seen yet: ONE MISSED CALL.

Dude, what a crap!

First: the story is based on japanese tales, Chakushin ari (2003). I hate these kind of film!You'll ask me: "why u get that, moron?" BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE BLURB! The chick who works on the rental, bedes I didn't ask for help, told me that she "was scaried to death" with that movie. WTF is wrong with that girl??? She only could be high....

Second: is the same crap than The Ring, The Grudge... No start, no end, no feet, no head... People been killed by a cel phone ghost?? Go to hell!

Third: during the film, Beth Raymond (Shannyn Sossamon) tells: "Oh, it's 19:30! I will die in 30 minutes!" KISS MY ASS BITCH! And in the end the ghost killer is a little anfry child with asthma...

Some said that the original (japanese) could get a dark and good script to the theme, but this last, A DAMN REMAKE, was one of the worst I ever seen. This is to show you how much the people on the rentals are so far from what is a good horror movie... The chick still on the rental said that "if you wanna real scare, take The Bone Eater..."

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW
LÜCKMANN Monday 11/24/2008 at 12:50 PM | 25215
I saw this movie and was very disappointed. Pathetic piece of crap.
Count Dragula Monday 11/24/2008 at 11:11 PM | 25274
Second: is the same crap than The Ring, The Grudge... No start, no end, no feet, no head... People been killed by a cel phone ghost?? Go to hell!LMAO...

kweandee Thursday 11/27/2008 at 08:08 PM | 25805
With nothing to do on saturday, I go to the rentals and randomly choose a film haven't seen yet: ONE MISSED CALL.

Dude, what a crap!

First: the story is based on japanese tales, Chakushin ari (2003). I hate these kind of film!You'll ask me: "why u get that, moron?" BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE BLURB! The chick who works on the rental, bedes I didn't ask for help, told me that she "was scaried to death" with that movie. WTF is wrong with that girl??? She only could be high....

Second: is the same crap than The Ring, The Grudge... No start, no end, no feet, no head... People been killed by a cel phone ghost?? Go to hell!

Third: during the film, Beth Raymond (Shannyn Sossamon) tells: "Oh, it's 19:30! I will die in 30 minutes!" KISS MY ASS BITCH! And in the end the ghost killer is a little anfry child with asthma...

Some said that the original (japanese) could get a dark and good script to the theme, but this last, A DAMN REMAKE, was one of the worst I ever seen. This is to show you how much the people on the rentals are so far from what is a good horror movie... The chick still on the rental said that "if you wanna real scare, take The Bone Eater..."

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Luckmann that was the ngle greatest movie review I have read. Brother you need to start doing reviews regularlly!!!! Thanks for the heads up and I love the quote, she could only be high!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/27/2008 at 10:04 PM | 25829
She only could be high....

or she could have been tripping on acid...

Though yes this movie was a big disappointment.
Malina Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 06:55 AM | 26677
Yep!

And the shit won't stop: ONE MISSED CALL 2. I'll post something later about this crap...
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 11:52 AM | 26707
Great review Glauco! Thanks for letting me know about this crap movie.

Glad to see I didn't waste any money on it.
Evildsm Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 03:48 PM | 26723
nothing but a cheap ass "scary" date flick it was just another dumb ghost flick with dumbasses for characters and lots of

moments that go "BOO"
misfit Monday 12/08/2008 at 09:02 PM | 27503
This movie was so depresng to watch, it seriously made me want to get the noose ready.

This, along with Pulse, are just horrible flicks about stupid spirits that want revenge, or some stupid shit. It's frustrating because I can't even tell you the plot because I couldn't stop crying because of how stupid this was.

I would rather watch a movie like House or Sleepaway Camp.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:26 PM | 35666
again this was a REMAKE piece of crap

the remake fad has gotten so bad they even remake japanese movies like this one now...................
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 11:15 PM | 35725
please, please, please, just see the originals to these inferior US remakes. The originals are soo much better. The only recent remake i have seen that was somewhat decent was Shutter. It was almost as good as the original.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 04:19 PM | 35863
You're right Tommy. Originals are by far better than the remakes. For a 70s or 80s movies, these kind of thing, I mean demons killing people by a phone call, or a toaster, or a vacuum cleaner, this could be great for a clasca movie. Today we need more than this. We need a new serial killer, or a f'ing ghost or demon. New, not remaked.
LÜCKMANN Monday 2/16/2009 at 12:33 PM | 36057
The only recent remake i have seen that was somewhat decent was Shutter. It was almost as good as the original.

Malina Sunday 2/22/2009 at 02:11 AM | 36952