Forums Horror Movie News
Adam Green Talks HATCHET 4 Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

If you are a fan of slasher movies, you have probably heard of the HATCHET films which saw Kane Hodder as Victor Crowley kill a lot of people in brutally gruesome ways. Adam Green, who penned all three films and directed the first two has previously made it known that HATCHET was meant to be a trilogy.

On the latest episode of The Movie Crypt, a podcast which Green co-hosts along with his pal and fellow director Joe Lynch, Adam talks about how there was actually a HATCHET 4 pitch which he gave to Dark Sky Films at one point. The idea however never made it further than just being an idea.

Filmmaker Patrick Lussier, who was the editor on WES CRAVEN'S NEW NIGHTMARE, was a guest on the podcast which led to the discussion on the abandoned HATCHET 4 pitch.

Green says of the idea for HATCHET 4:

"It plays with the idea of Victor Crowley actually being a real thing, I lied and said I made it up but I really stole the story and now he's coming to get everybody who worked on the movie. But he doesn't really look like he did in the three -- he's really scary, it's a little more paranormal. I just figured to go out with a bang and make it real and make it grounded and make him terrifying and not campy would have been really cool..."

Dark Sky Films also felt that this particular idea would officially end the HATCHET series and that it is best to leave it open for more sequels.

While it would have been a lot of fun to watch the real Victor Crowley go after the likes of Tony Todd, Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, Adam Green and all others involved in making the films, it just isn't going to happen.

To be clear there are no plans as of now to make a fourth HATCHET film, but in this business never say never.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 11/03/2015 at 07:25 PM | 103711