Forums Television
Huge News On The Return Of TALES FROM THE CRYPT!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

TALES FROM THE CRYPT is a popular show based on EC Comics that originally aired on HBO from 1989-1996. Hosted by the Crypt Keeper himself, the long running series told many tales of Terror in a unique way that is still very effective to this day.

We have some huge news as TNT has announced that they will be partnering with M. Night Shyamalan to bring the much beloved Horror anthology series back to the small screen.

The plan is for TNT to create a new 2-hour block which will feature the return of TALES FROM THE CRYPT and will hopefully launch sometime this fall.

Sarah Aubrey, who is the executive vice president of original programming at TNT says:

"This is a new genre for us in our series efforts and a great chance to partner with M. Night Shyamalan, whose blockbuster hit The Visit reminded movie audiences and critics this past summer that he truly is a master of horror...This two-hour horror block demonstrates not only TNT's commitment to working with today's top talents, but also our strategy to stand out in today's marketplace by challenging the conventional rules of programming and scheduling."

M. Night Shyamalan offered his thoughts on the project saying:

"I couldn’t be more excited to be teaming up with Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey and the entire TNT team in this unique endeavor...To be part of such a beloved brand like Tales from the Crypt, something I grew up watching, and to also have the chance to push the boundaries of genre television as a whole, is an inspiring opportunity that I can’t wait to dive into."

TNT chief Kevin Reilly tells EW:

"It’s not a show, it’s an umbrella for what will hopefully be many shows. We’re going to put a variety of different genre shows…all united under the Tales from the Crypt brand. Night is definitely going to direct the first one and we’ll see how that evolves. And we’re definitely going to utilize the underlying comics."

There you have it. TALES FROM THE CRYPT will be returning to television, and it is expected to be out by this fall.

We will continue to bring you more on TALES FROM THE CRYPT as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/08/2016 at 07:43 PM | 103846