Forums Horror Movie News
New Image Arrives For Rob Zombie's 31 - Plus David Ury talks Schizo-Head!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Rob Zombie has been putting the focus on his upcoming Horror movie 31 which has already been filmed and has even had some private showings. The filmmaker celebrated a victory over the MPAA as the film officially received an R rating for "strong bloody horror violence, pervasive language, sexual content and drug use."

With 31 set to be shown this weekend at Sundance David Ury, who plays Schizo-Head spoke with Fangoria saying:

“31 is by far the craziest movie I’ve ever worked on, and certainly the craziest stuff I’ve done on film. Yes, crazier than getting my head crushed by an ATM on BREAKING BAD!"

His thoughts on Zombie:

“Rob Zombie is a very collaborative filmmaker.“ There is one scene in particular where he let me do whatever I wanted, and I’m excited to see if it made the final cut.”

Who he was excited to work with:

“A little while back, I was watching A CLOCKWORK ORANGE and got shivers when Malcolm McDowell did that line ‘There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs.’ If my 17-year-old fanboy self knew that someday I’d do a film with ‘Alex,’ my adolescent head would have exploded…or maybe imploded, I’m not really sure how that works."

Ury adds:

“This will be my first time at Sundance, and I’m over the moon that the film is premiering there. I can’t wait to hang out with the cast in snowy Park City, Utah—which reminds me, I’d better go buy some gloves and one of those red fuzzy man-sized onesies.”

Ury as Schizo-Head in a newly released image.

The 31 cast is made up of Meg Foster, Pancho Moler, Jeff Daniel Phillips, Jane Carr, Sheri Moon Zombie, Richard Brake, Ginger Lynn, Malcolm McDowell, E.G. Daily, Daniel Roebuck, Lawernce Hilton-Jacobs, Judy Geeson, Torsten Voges, David Ury, Lew Temple, Kevin Jackson, Michael 'Redbone' Alcott, Tracy Walter, Devin Sidell, and Bari Suzuki.

31 Synopsis:

"Five random people kidnapped on the five days leading up to Halloween and held hostage in a place called Murder World. While trapped inside this man-made Hell they must fight to survive playing the most violent game known to man... a game called 31.

31 has no rules. 31 has no boundaries. It is ever so simple. Do whatever you can do to kill your opponent before they kill you. Keep this up for 12 hours and freedom is yours.

Who are the opponents? Well... a group of vile, filthy, blood-thirsty clowns known as THE HEADS. They come in all shapes and sizes and each grows nastier than the last."

31 will be screening at the Sundance Film Festival Saturday at Midnight.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/22/2016 at 07:44 PM | 103877