Forums Horror Movie News
HELLRAISER 10 Is Coming!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

HELLRAISER is a household name within the world of Horror, as most fans home come to know the franchise with great passion. Clive Barker is the creator of it all and he was working on a script for a HELLRAISER reboot. This apparently is no longer the case.

We have learned that HELLRAISER 10 is indeed on the horizon. In an interview with ScareTissue actress Heather Langenkamp (A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET) revealed that she will be involved in the new HELLRAISER sequel saying:

"I actually have an opportunity to play a small part in Hellraiser. I’m so excited about it. I go next week to do the shooting… The script is amazing and that I got the part is something that I find incredible."

Langenkamp went on to say that longtime HELLRAISER makeup artist Gary Tunnicliffe will be directing.

With all of that being said, Actor Doug Bradley, who portrayed Pinhead for most of the films, revealed that he and Clive Barker will not be involved in the upcoming sequel saying:

"Ladies, Gentlemen and Others, I gather word is beginning to spread about the new Hellraiser movie which is, apparently, already shooting. First, a point of clarification. This is the first time I have said anything about this. Anything else you have heard me say about any proposed Hellraiser film refers to the constantly rumored remake. And, for the record, I still know nothing about that. First I heard about this new film was around Christmas in a phone call from Gary Tunnicliffe, who was my make-up artist on Bloodline through Hellworld. Gary, you may recall, also wrote the screenplay for Revelations. He has written and is directing this new effort. I can also assert, contrary to some rumours I've already seen, that Clive Barker is not involved with this in any way, shape or form. Gary said he would send me a copy of the script when he had completed a second draft, but before I could be allowed to set eyes on the precious document, I was required to sign a gagging order. This was a three page document preventing me from talking about the script 'in restrooms', 'on elevators', 'in restaurants' or 'in cellular telephone conversations which may be overheard'. There was also dark reference to 'people talking out of turn at conventions'. I read this thing in disbelief, and informed Gary I would not be signing it. And that's that. Clearly, I am deemed too much of a security risk to be allowed to read a Hellraiser script. People are starving to death in Syria and they're worried about me talking about a Hellraiser movie? Get a fucking grip. Can you say 'sense of proportion'? Anyway, story short: a new movie is happening and I have nothing do with it. I was unable to make a decision about it because I was not allowed to read the script, unlike Revelations where I made a conscious decision not to do the movie based on the motives for making it and the poor quality of the script. And that's everything. Peace and Pain Doug"

The new HELLRAISER film began filming in secret earlier on this week in Oklahoma City and Guthrie, Oklahoma under the title JUDGMENT.

Director Gary Tunnicliffe penned the script for the new film. He also wrote the not so well received previous entry HELLRAISER: REVELATIONS.

We will continue to bring you more on the new HELLRAISER film as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 2/18/2016 at 05:51 PM | 103932