Forums Horror Movie News
Update On The ZOMBIELAND Sequel Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The undead action comedy ZOMBIELAND was released back in 2009, the unlikely Woody Harrelson/Jesse Eisenberg film eventually earned $102 million at the box office, which in turn sparked plenty of talk about bringing Harrelson, Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin back for a sequel. However by 2011, Eisenberg sounded hesitant about his involvement, questioning the sequel’s relevance while Harrelson made it known that he didn’t “feel like a sequels guy.” 2013 saw the attempt at ZOMBIELAND: The TV Series which was expected to happen through Amazon Instant Video but the company passed on the pilot.

Back in 2014 it seemed that Sony Pictures was determined to raise ZOMBIELAND 2 from the grave. They hired Dave Callaham to write the sequel, and ZOMBIELAND’s director, Ruben Fleischer was to be returning and also to supervise that script. With that idea seeming to fade into the shadows, we now have some light shed on the subject in regards to another film.

While out promoting their DEADPOOL movie, original ZOMBIELAND screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick revealed that a sequel is still in the works saying:

"It’s actually still in development at Sony, they’ve had a couple writers take a crack at it, we’re still exec producers and we’re guiding and helping where we can and I think there’s still very much talk about it, but I think it has to be right,” Reese stressed. “I think all the actors and [original ‘Zombieland' director] Ruben [Fleischer], all feel like there’s no reason to do it again if we’re not getting it exactly right.”

With the recent success of DEADPOOL, there could be a renewed interest in ZOMBIELAND once again.

We will continue to bring you more on this story as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/22/2016 at 07:07 PM | 103940