Forums Horror Movie News
Big Update On The New PREDATOR Movie!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Back in 1987 the world saw the release of PREDATOR. A very original and clever setting came along with it as a group of military soldiers found themselves deep within the jungle being hunted down one by one by a mysterious transparent killer alien. We learned quite some time ago that PREDATOR would be heading to the modern era courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox.

Back in 2014, Shane Black was picked to direct and also co-write the script for the new film along with Fred Dekker which will be titled THE PREDATOR. Black previously stated that his take was less of a reboot and more of an "inventive sequel," expanding the existing PREDATOR universe instead of retelling the original.

Black recently spoke with Thillist discussing just how Fox really put a lot of financing into this project saying:

“They [Fox] said, “What if we said to you we want to reinvent this, and really treat it with as much of an event status, or as much hoopla as we would the Alien prequel, which is coming out also? We really want to make this something. The kind of movie that people line up for.” I said, “Really, you’ll spend a bunch of money?” They go, “Yep.” I go, “Make it really scale, spectacle?” “Yep.” “Sh*t, that sounds interesting.”

Black, who played the character of Rick Hawkins in the original PREDATOR film, said that he would really like to turn up the volume on this effort saying:

“I think there’s an expansion that needs to take place, and also just a love for that era, that movie, and the mythology of the Predator. I think that they came to me knowing pretty much that… they said, basically, if I wanted to make Predator but treat it like it was Iron Man III instead of just another little movie. I said, “Let’s really do it right this time.”

Arnold Schwarzenegger, who portrayed the character of Dutch in the original film has expressed interest in being involved in the upcoming blockbuster, with Shane Black saying that they are“still in talks.”

This will mark the sixth time that we have seen the Predator on screen including the AVP movies.

20th Century Fox has set the release date for THE PREDATOR to be on March 2nd, 2018.

We will continue to bring you the latest on this story as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 3/24/2016 at 02:18 PM | 104005