Forums Horror Movie News
New Concept Art For Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN 5 Is Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The idea for Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN 5 came about when he shared some concept art for the project. At the time, the art was just something that was an idea in his own mind as he wanted to make an ALIEN sequel. When Fox found out the Blomkamp was interested in the franchise, it became semi-official. While this particular sequel has been put on the backburner as Ridley Scott makes his ALIEN: COVENANT film, Blomkamp's ideas continue to grow.

With today being the official Alien Day, Blomkamp has revealed a new concept art image. It is of an adult Newt from ALIENS, teasing the character’s possible appearance in ALIEN 5.

Sigourney Weaver recently spoke at a VMware event where she addressed the status of ALIEN 5 saying:

"Well, I *think* it is. Ridley asked Neill NOT to make our Alien til after Prometheus 2. He (Ridley) wanted his movie to shoot and be released first. But it’s an AMAZING script, and Neill and I are REALLY excited about doing it. We’re doing other things until we can get going on that. I’d be really surprised if we DIDN’T do it, because it’s such a great script, and we love working together. So, it’s just going to take a little bit longer to get out to you, but it’ll be worth the wait.”

It appears that Weaver is very confident that Blomkamp's ALIEN film will still be getting made. Blomkamp and Weaver previously worked together on the 2015 film CHAPPIE.

ALIEN: COVENANT is currently scheduled to be released on August 4th, 2017 and will be a follow up to 2012's PROMETHEUS. It is being said that it will be the second of three planned prequels to the 1979 original ALIEN film.

On the other side of the coin, the ALIEN 5 project was originally expected to be taking place at some point during the Ellen Ripley timeline.

We will continue to keep you up to date on all things ALIEN.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 4/26/2016 at 03:58 PM | 104076