Forums Horror Movie News
Fresh News On ANNABELLE 2 Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Back in March we learned that the director of the upcoming James Wan produced LIGHTS OUT, David F. Sandberg was brought in to take the director's chair for the ANNABELLE sequel.

Sandberg will be working from a screenplay that was written by Gary Dauberman.

While THE CONJURING spin-off ANNABELLE did really well at the box office, many fans were very disappointed with the finished product. With that in mind, Sandberg looks to redeem the haunted doll this time around as he tells B-D:

"It’s not a continuation of the first film. That’s one of the many things that enticed me with the project, that it’s a new story. Also the setting and the time period of this one is perfect for a Horror movie. The script is really good and I think that this is a sequel that will actually be better than the original. The ‘Godfather II’ of creepy doll movies as I like to call it."

B-D adds that the story will revolve around a "nun who is worried that her orphans are becoming prey to an evil entity."

LIGHTS OUT will hit theaters this July 22nd. ANNABELLE 2 will be coming to theaters on May 19, 2017.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 6/18/2016 at 05:13 PM | 104190