Forums Horror Collectibles
Your FIRST horror scare.....

Ok....what was the FIRST film or show on tv that scared the diapers off of you. Im talking young; not like when you were 12 years old....I mean like 8 and under. I have a few that I can remember scaring the crap out of me and some I remembered clearly what they were. Others i had to research to find the titles etc. ok...

COUNT YORGA THE VAMPIRE....scared the crap out of me! KOLCHAK "THE NIGHTSTALKER" made me run to my room JAWS....yup...scared me BLACK SUNDAY....my uncle made me watch it FACES OF DEATH....my uncle again

it was all downhill or uphill from there!
ny ghoul Friday 11/28/2008 at 05:26 PM | 25896
Nightmare on Elm Street (the first/best one)....saw it when I was seven. It gave me nightmares for a month straight, after that I was good...lol :)
kweandee Friday 11/28/2008 at 06:19 PM | 25898
The trailer for The Shining.

Every time it came on TV I had to leave the room.

Around the time it was out, I would wait in the theater lobby until the previews were over before I'd go back to my seat.

I don't remember exactly what it was that scared me, but I refused to watch it.
Snoballz Friday 11/28/2008 at 06:30 PM | 25899
JAWS... I was about 7 when I first seen it. That film scared the living shit out of me and I refuesed to take a bath. When my dad was with my mom and still gave a shit, he had to actually make me take a bath... Terrified the living hell out of me. Now days, it is I would say my all time favorite Horror film! I absolutely love Jaws!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Friday 11/28/2008 at 06:58 PM | 25902
Now days, it is I would say my all time favorite Horror film! I absolutely love Jaws!

--RyanLOL me too... definately one of my favorites. That one for some reason I loved right away I was never scared of it. My son even loves it too and he's 4...you have no idea how happy that makes me...lol :)
kweandee Friday 11/28/2008 at 07:03 PM | 25904
I didn't seen horror movies too much when I was younger 'cuz my parents were against it. I guess Jaw or Chucky scared me the most but I'm not sure... I remember I fear dolls out of nowhere 'cuz of Chucky. I always thought that barbies will kill me in my sleeping, lol.
Gary Suyoru Friday 11/28/2008 at 07:50 PM | 25914
Thriller
Anonymous Friday 11/28/2008 at 10:26 PM | 25932
hahaha THRILLER! dude my little brother was sooooo friggin scared he'd hide in the room when it would come on and Id drag him into the tv room! he'd be clawing the floor like a cat to get away hahahaha. GREAT video. Now Michael is scarier than any of the zombies in the video.
ny ghoul Friday 11/28/2008 at 11:30 PM | 25941
I was terrified of Freddy Krueger when I was little, not by what he did, just by how he looked. Now Im a huge Freddy fan

That and the clown that was in the attic in the opening sequence of are you afraid of the dark
krueger4653 Saturday 11/29/2008 at 01:46 AM | 25954
oh this is an easy one for me. I remember being on the playground at a real young age swinging away on the swing set with one of my buddies. It was really close to school letting out for the summer and we both went to this place called camp honorbright each year. Well it never bothered me going there until that day on those blasted swing sets when he told me about Jason Voorhees! I was so curious about it but it scared the hell out of me at the same time (a feeling I would find out later I loved a great deal).

We were both so worked up and scared as hell Jason would kill us at summer camp that we had to get reassurance for another classmate that Jason wouldn't kill small children because he was a young boy when he died. So we all breathed a little eaer......that is until summer camp when they started telling ghost stories by the campfire and throwing rocks in the woods to make us think people were coming!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 11/29/2008 at 01:50 AM | 25956
For me it was Halloween.

I remember being really young and coming into the living room while my Dad was watching it with my Mom, and the muc creeped me out instantly.

Then I saw Tommy staring out the window at Michael and it freaked me out.

I stood there, frozen with fear as the movie went on... and Michael just got under my skin.

It hit me at home, I've always been horrified that some faceless killer would enter my home lently and kill me without remorse.

And to see that figure brought to life, a flesh and blood representation of the boogeyman?

That was enough to put me into a fear coma.

It took me many years, up until my teens to be able to watch ANY of the Halloween movies without getting really scared.

A friend and I sat down and had a movie marathon, watching all of the films in order to try and oversaturate me with it.

I watched 1-6, and it helped.

So I started watching Halloween every year, and eventually my fear faded and I became a HUGE fan of it.I still think it's hilarious that I used to be so scared of Michael and now I have masks, dress up as him and can watch the original H1 in the dark without any fear.

Oh, how times have changed.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 11/29/2008 at 03:52 AM | 25966
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3
LÜCKMANN Monday 12/01/2008 at 09:51 AM | 26227
I remember Pet Cemetery scaring the shit out of me.

It was creepy at the time. LOL
Evildsm Monday 12/01/2008 at 03:45 PM | 26260
I remember Pet Cemetery scaring the shit out of me.

It was creepy at the time. LOL

Yea pet cemetery was a creepy ass movie...that was another one of the movies I watched for the first time when I was alittle. I still had cats at the time and I remember not wanting to go to sleep cause I was afraid I'd wake up in the middle of the night and my cats would be like the dead/evil cat in the movie(forgot it's name) and attack me....the lly things you think up when your younger...lol
kweandee Monday 12/01/2008 at 07:35 PM | 26288
His name was Church!

Evildsm Monday 12/01/2008 at 07:37 PM | 26290
His name was Church! I am about to own here...

The correct Spelling of the movie's title is "Pet Sematary" and the Full name of the Cat was Winston Churchill, Church for short!!!

""Tooting my Horn"" (Woot Woot!)--Ryan

Harry Warden Monday 12/01/2008 at 07:55 PM | 26293
Ryan, you SOB....

Evildsm Monday 12/01/2008 at 08:33 PM | 26298
His name was Church!That's my last name... I always found that funny, as I watched that film... evil cat with my family name.
DarkArtist81 Monday 12/01/2008 at 11:43 PM | 26341