Forums Horror Movie News
News On THE CONJURING 3 Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Whenever a film does really well at the box office it usually opens the door for more to be made. THE CONJURING 2 certainly has done well for itself, earning the decision to make a spin-off movie titled THE NUN already in the cards. We also know that ANNABELLE 2 is in development right now. So it is a no-brainer that a CONJURING 3 will be created.

That being said, one uncertain aspect of the situation is whether or not James Wan will return to direct. He is already slated to direct 2018's AQUAMAN, as well as ROBOTECH. Only time will tell if Wan helms the third installment for the Warrens or if he will pass the torch on to someone else as he has done in the past with SAW and INSIDIOUS.

One thing is for sure though, Wan will still be involved with THE CONJURING 3 as a producer and he already knows the direction that he wants to take the film. While speaking with IGN he stated:

"I do have something specific but I'm not going to say it. But I will say this - I do think Conjuring 1 and 2 are both set in the 70s, I think Conjuring 3 has got to be set in the 80s."

Patrick Wilson, who plays Ed Warren, was sitting beside Wan when he spoke about the third film taking a decade jump into the future, and appeared to show some enthusiasm. A third film would naturally require Wilson and his co-star Vera Farmiga to return, or have the actors recast.

As far as which case from the Warren files the filmmakers will decide to use in the new film is uncertain. Wan did recently speak with CinemaBlend and when asked about the idea of having the Warrens go up against werewolves, he amusingly responded:

"Maybe we can go and do it like a classic American Werewolf in London style. That would be awesome! The Warrens set against the backdrop of The Hound of Baskerville. That would be awesome. Thank you!"

While this statement was likely said in fun, there is in fact a Warren case that involved a man who was possessed by a werewolf demon. Coincidentally, that case was worked on during the 80's.

For now we will just have to wait to see where in the 80's THE CONJURING 3 will take us.

We will continue to bring you more on this story as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 7/05/2016 at 04:29 PM | 104227