Forums Horror Movie News
New Images Arrive From HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

As yet another HELLRAISER sequel is indeed on the way, the wonder continues to build in hopes that the film will deliver. At first it seemed as though this effort was just another studio rushing situation but as more is revealed about the movie, it appears that this effort could be very interesting indeed.

We know that there will be no Doug Bradley or Clive Barker involved in the film, which many fans refuse to accept another HELLRAISER without the pair.

This time around Paul T. Taylor will be taking on the iconic role of Pinhead. The role was previously portrayed by Doug Bradley, who has played the character in eight previous films.

The director of the upcoming HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT film Gary Tunnicliffe recently shared a few words, along with some images from the new entry on his website saying:

"I promise you a Horror film that will have moments unlike any other you have ever seen, Dimension films have been incredibly generous and shown an enormous amount of faith in letting me write and direct HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT, a film that is not just the simple recycling of the HELLRAISER formula, a film that will boast some of the strangest, most bizarre, Horrific and thought provoking sequences ever seen in the Horror genre, a horror film that owes its inspiration to the works of Hieronymus Bosch and Francis Bacon as well as Cronenberg, Lynch, Fincher and obviously Barker and I thank them (BobWeinstein, Matt Signer, Stu Arbury, Scoop Wasserstein and Josh Hanmburger etc) for helping me and for being brave enough to let me do what I want to do… ...which is to ultimately to make a Horror film that flat out Horrifies."

He goes on to say to the HELLRAISER fans:

"I know you’ve been let down, trust me I have too, but give me a chance, I know we can never make a film as great as the first two Hellraiser’s I wouldn’t even try to, but I think we have a fun little script here an amazing cast and crew and an opportunity to give you all something a little different, a little terrifying and something that will be a worthy part of the HELLRAISER canon… ....oh and of course, if you want blood, well you’ ve got it!"

With Heather Langenkamp of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET fame set to be in the movie, Tunnicliffe previously stated of her foul mouthed character:

"What I can tell you is her character isn’t called Nancy; she doesn’t wear a red and green striped dress or work at the Elm Street Motel... She plays a pretty grungy character, and she plays it straight. We’re trying very much to play the whole thing intense and unflinching, and Heather came on board and did just that."

Set to play some of the new Cenobites are John Gulagher, the director of FEAST and PIRANHA 3DD, who will be playing "The Assessor", Diane Goldner will be playing "The Cleaner, and Mike Jay Regan will be reprising his role as "The Chatterer."

The rest of the cast is rounded out by Damon Carney, who will play Detective Sean Carter, Randy Wayne plays Detective David Carter, Alexandra Harris plays Detective Christine Egerton, Jeff Fenter will play Karl Watkins, Helena Grace Donald will play Jophiel, Grace Montie is Crystal Lanning, and the previous mentioned Heather Langenkamp will play a "chain-smoking ‘Landlady’ who snorts obscenities to the police."

Synopsis:

"Detectives Sean and David Carter are on the case to find a gruesome serial killer terrorizing the city. Joining forces with Detective Christine Egerton, they dig deeper into a spiraling maze of Horror that may not be of this world. Could the Judgment awaiting the killer’s victims also be waiting for Sean?"

HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT is in post-production and is also written by Tunnicliffe who has worked as the makeup artist on past HELLRAISER films as well as writing the previous entry HELLRAISER: REVELATIONS.

As of now there is no date of release. We will continue to bring you more on HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 7/19/2016 at 04:19 PM | 104258