Forums Horror Movie News
Details On BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN Remake Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

It was made known quite some time ago that Universal had decided to take it's Classic monsters and give them reboots. The studio is still in the process of bringing them back to life on screen, with the idea of creating it's own universe to where characters can cross over from different films.

The idea of including BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN among those to be remade is a no-brainer. In fact Universal has been toying with the idea of remaking the 1935 film for the last twenty years. Throughout the years many drafts have been written. Even one by Anne Rice herself.

Screenwriter David Koepp has been selected to rebirth the story. Some of his previous work include, JURASSIC PARK, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, SPIDER-MAN, PANIC ROOM, and INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL.

Koepp spoke with Collider saying that he was not sure when production on BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN was to begin, but he says of the script:

"I loved it. It’s one of my favorite scripts I’ve written in years because if you reimagine the Frankenstein story, it gets into so many issues of men trying to feel dominant over women. To create someone who then says, “You don’t own me,” it becomes a tale of liberation."

On the idea of having the Universal characters cross over into each other's films he said:

"I think they’re figuring that out as they go. I was in touch with the other people who were making Mummy and in touch with Universal and getting a sense of what they’re doing, because they can’t be wholly different movies, but each one is characterized by the personality of its creature. So the stories are dictated by the creature. In ours, the Bride is essentially a sympathetic figure. This tragic, hunted figure. And obviously the Mummy is a very bad entity that must be stopped. That’s not us. The troublemakers are the ones who would try to control her. To answer your question, we’re all from the same tree, but different kinds of fruit."

Back when Koepp was hired on to write the film, rumors were going around that Universal was interested in having Angelina Jolie come on as director and star in the picture. Since then there has been no further word as to if that would ever really happen.

We will continue to keep you updated on the BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN remake as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 10/27/2016 at 02:36 PM | 104470