Forums Horror Movie News
Major News On INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 4 Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Growing a Horror franchise is a very hard thing to do. So many films are made each year and only a handful actually have success. One franchise that has done really well is the INSIDIOUS franchise. With Blumhouse on board and having had James Wan direct the first two and produce on all three, it's no wonder that these movies have found there place within the Horror community.

Last year's INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3 managed to do really well. Directed by series screenwriter/co-star Leigh Whannelln, the film was able to rake in ten times the amount of the original budget at the box office. So it came as no surprise back in April when we learned that a Fourth Chapter was coming.

Lin Shaye recently spoke with DD about the upcoming INSIDIOUS film revealing some very interesting story details saying:

"[The film] goes back to Elise’s beginnings. And you also meet Elise at a very different point in her life. It takes place right after the end of Chapter 3, when she walks off with Specs and Tucker and they’re starting their company, Spectral Sightings, and they are now living at her home. They’re like her two sons, her two bad sons."

She adds:

"So it starts out in a very jovial, happy place and then goes downhill from there. And downhill meaning uphill, though. It’s a fantastic story and it took me back into what made Elise who she is. You meet my family, my mother, my father—we go back to my hometown, which is in New Mexico. And so that’s where this takes place and her quest to find the bad guy that’s been haunting her. It’s a really wonderful story. I think the fans will really, really enjoy it. And it’s scary on levels they’re not going to expect."

This time around, Whannelln wrote the screenplay for Adam Robitel to direct. Robitel previously directed THE TAKING OF DEBORAH LOGAN.

Along with Shaye, Leigh Whannell, and Angus Sampson will be returning to the cast, and will be joined by Kirk Acevedo, Bruce Davison, Spencer Locke, and Caitlin Gerard.

Producing the film will be Jason Blum, Oren Peli and James Wan, with Steven Schneider, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, and Charles Layton executive producing. Backing the project is Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions with Universal Pictures handling the domestic distribution.

INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 4 currently has a release date of October 20, 2017.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 12/03/2016 at 09:05 PM | 104551