Forums Off Topic
Some bad news...

I wont make this long but, last night I was helping the grandparents decorate there house on the inde and I herd my pap growning. I looked in the room and he was having some savere chest pains, so I called 911. He wasn't very happy when I told him that I had called the ambulance, but I told him to shoot me if he didn't like it and that it's better to be safe then sorry. Bedes, my grandma has an enlarged heart and had romatic fever when she was a baby so her heart condition and emphyisema is not a good combination and she would never servive if anything happend to him.

Anyway, I was up at the hospital with him last night from 10:00 till 1:30 in the morning before they finally got him tuated in his room. They deded to keep him overnight for observation and try to find out for sure exactly what is wrong.

So I am going to Sheetz to get us some coffee and hopefully he's aloud to have it. I figured I'd grab the news paper too for us to read.

I figured I'd let my other family "You guys", know what was going on.

I'll give everyone an update on how he's doing later on this evening...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 12:17 PM | 26708
I hope he's feeling better.

Let us know how he's doing.
Snoballz Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 12:31 PM | 26709
Awww hun that sucks but you were right to get him to the hospital better to be safe then sorry, hope he feels better and everything is okay

kweandee Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 12:53 PM | 26710
You did the right thing. Let us know how it all goes and I hope everything is fine.
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 01:11 PM | 26712
+1 ^^^^^

Ryan, hang in there man.

I hope everything turns out ok.
Evildsm Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 03:32 PM | 26718
Hey Ryan, hang tough bud.

I hope everything turns out well, I lost my grandfather on Dec. 6th, 2 years ago . . . needless to say it wasn't the best of holidays.

I'll be thinking of you man.
DaShape Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 04:00 PM | 26724
Not so bad news, Ryan. You see that you were there and call 911 before something really bad happened. This is a good thing, dude.

Now he's ok and we all hope he go home soon, and everything is gonna be fine, dude! Put all this on the Lord's hand, Ryan. I'm sure He won't forget your father and family, bro. Hang in there, 'cos we will be praying for your dad's health.

Peace, bro!
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 04:10 PM | 26725
So sorry to hear that man. I've had an experience milar to that actually... trust me, it was the right choice calling an ambulance. Hope everything turns out fine man.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 04:12 PM | 26726
Thanks Guys and Gal!!!

I spent from 8:30 this morning till 2:00 this afternoon with him. He is in High Spirits, feels great and is ready to go home. Still don't know what is wrong yet as the Doc wont be in to let us know until this evening. I apreciate you guys pulling for me and being there!

I'll keep you posted! Thanks Again! --Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 06:52 PM | 26737
Ryan keep us posted bro. You did the right thing and I hope everything turns out ok.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 06:54 PM | 26738
i will make sure to send an extra set of prayers to you, your grandmother and your grandpops.....keep your heads up...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 09:07 PM | 26753
I hope he gets better man. Sorry to hear it happened.
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 09:30 PM | 26754
prayers for the best bro!
ny ghoul Wednesday 12/03/2008 at 09:44 PM | 26757
hope everything is ok man seth
halloween killer Thursday 12/04/2008 at 12:19 AM | 26810
Well... The Doc checked everything. His Heart is Fine, his splene is fine, his golblatter is fine and his kidneys are fine... However they found a huge growth on his liver. The Doc told him not to get worried about it because it could be many things and he also said that The liver is alot like the golblatter, it can cause serious pain in the chest. So the Doc thinks that the growth on his Liver is what caused his eposode. My pap has been released from the Hospital and has a few follow up apointments to go to so they can find out rather or not the growth is cancerous and what they need to do about it.

He is not to be lifting anything heavy or straning himself.

My fath is strong and my hopes are high for him. I just hope that it is not cancerous.

As far as his personality and being himself... Well... Trust me, he is himself... He had on one of those Hospital Button up gowns on and his grey frothey hair was all messed up. I told him he looked like Norman Bates and he said " Oh just wait, I'll get even! "... He seems fine and healthy. Like I said tho. I just hope the growth can be taken care of and hope it's not cancerous...

Thanks to all of you who have always been there and are here now! I really apreciate it! You're all my Children Now!!! eh hmm... I mean, You're all My Family as well!!!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 12/04/2008 at 01:00 AM | 26817
That is GREAT news.

Glad to see hes going to be fine.
Evildsm Thursday 12/04/2008 at 05:36 AM | 26844
To Pap!
CartyParty Thursday 12/04/2008 at 06:37 AM | 26845
Let's comemorate it!!! Hey Ryan, tell dad I'm praying for him and want to see a pic of him as Noman Bates!!!

Take care of dad, bro!
LÜCKMANN Thursday 12/04/2008 at 10:34 AM | 26858
Glad to hear your dad is doing fine for the most part and back to his old self
kweandee Thursday 12/04/2008 at 06:13 PM | 26893
That's great news man...

You made the right choice though, better safe than sorry.

I hope that the tests for his liver come back benign and he has no further complications, we're all pulling for him here at HB.
DarkArtist81 Friday 12/05/2008 at 06:37 AM | 26986
hope he gets better soon
jad Friday 12/05/2008 at 08:57 PM | 27085
Thanks guys for being here! I apreciate it! As it stands right now, he is giving us a VERY RUFF time about going to get it checked out. He has follow-up appointments that are written out from the Hospital. He is just saying " I'm Not going... What I don't know wont Hurt me"... In most cases he is right, However I feel with something that serious or something that could be Very deadly, he should go. If not for him than he should at least do it for my grandma who is in Very Bad shape phycally and would never survive without my Pap... He means Everything to her. You would think that he would realise this and go have it done for her... What it all boils down to, is that he is just scarred and doesnt want to admit it... He's too stuburn and Bullheaded... But he is going to go to these appointments and he is going to like it!!!

Anyway, Thanks again guys!

As soon as we find out whats wrong, I'll be sure to let everyone know! --Ryan

Harry Warden Friday 12/05/2008 at 09:23 PM | 27091
I've been offline for a few days and just noticed this thread. You definitely did the right thing Ryan and if you need anything at all your HB family is here for you.
lblambert Friday 12/05/2008 at 11:37 PM | 27123
I have been ck that past couple of days and just saw this post now... I am soo glad that he is alright and hopefully he decides to go get the growth checked out.

We are all here for ya!

KimmyBlanks Saturday 12/06/2008 at 04:30 PM | 27242