Forums Horror Movie News
Update On The Upcoming SPAWN Reboot!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

1992 saw the launch of Image Comics' Spawn from creator Todd McFarlane. The very first issue became an instant collectible in the early 90's. 1997 brought us the feature film SPAWN which starred Michael Jai White and John Leguizamo.

There has been talk in the past of a possible SPAWN reboot and just last September we heard from McFarlane as he talked like things were moving forward well and that he wanted to use practical effects for sure and also wanted to try for an R rating.

When it comes to whether or not this new film will be PG-13 like it’s predecessor or if will have more of an edge, McFarlane recently spoke to the Emerald City Comicon about the new SPAWN film saying:

“Listen, I’m going to paint it for you. The movie is going to be a dark R…If here’s PG-13 and here’s Deadpool and here’s Logan, we’re going to be here. It’s going to be dark. It’s going to be nasty. “

Back in February, McFarlane said:

"In the background, there’s this thing moving around, this boogeyman. That boogeyman just happens to be something that you and I, intellectually, know is Spawn," he explained. "Will he look like he did in the first movie? No. Will he have a supervillain he fights? No. He’s going to be the spectre, the ghost."

He then added:

"I've finished the script, and I'm in the process of editing," McFarlane said. "It's 183 pages, and [producers] usually like 120. I still think it's going to end up being about 140, because I'm putting in details for myself."

We will continue to bring you more on the SPAWN reboot as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 3/10/2017 at 09:39 PM | 104759